The Staff Association provides an opportunity for staff to share information and ideas pertaining to campus business and social life.
The Staff Association was formed in 1971 and a representative body was established to provide a means for communicating with the College's administration. The organization of the Association took various forms until 1982, when formal by-laws were drawn up and adopted. Membership is open to all employees, except faculty and administrators.
- To share a concern for the community life of the College
- Develop effective channels of communication to afford staff fuller participation in the life of the College
- Develop an effective mechanism through which staff members may participate in decisions that affect them
- Develop procedures through which staff may voice concerns and seek action on specific problems as needs may dictate
- Provide support for members and make it possible for the staff to participate more actively in the Haverford College community as a whole
Members are chosen to represent all segments of campus on an executive committee. The Association sends representatives to the Managers and the Administrative Advisory Committee (AAC). Appointments are also made to ad hoc committees. Employees should make a point of discussing with their representatives any matter that they think should be raised with the administration for correction or clarification. Raising questions ultimately benefits both the staff and the College.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanne Brown - KINSC
- Bruce Bumbarger - Magill Library
- Marian Carroll - Stokes- IITS Room 204
- Bob Harper - Facilities/HVAC
- Gail Heimberger - Hall Bldg Room 101
- John Kane, Jr. - Housekeeping
- Cheryl Mathes - Dean's Office
- Bonnie McAllister - GIAC
- Kim Minor - Economics, Stokes
- Liz Romano - Magill Library
- Carol Wagner - Facilities/Grounds
- Charles Young - Dining Center