Minutes of the August 26, 2022 meeting of the Staff Association Executive Committee.
The Haverford College Staff Association provides an opportunity for staff to share information and ideas, and to actively engage in the business and social life of the College.
The Staff Association was formed in 1971 and a representative body was established to provide a means for communicating with the College’s administration. The organization of the Association took various forms until 1982, when formal Bylaws were drawn up and adopted. As of May 1 2019, the current, updated bylaws were ratified by the staff.
The purpose of the Haverford College Staff Association is to represent the interests of the staff of the College by:
- Serving as a formal line of communication among the staff, College leadership, and other College constituencies
- Fostering a greater sense of shared community among staff members and between all College constituencies
- Providing a forum for staff discussion of College policies, procedures, and conditions of Employment
- Identifying and presenting staff concerns to College leadership and committees
- Providing effective mechanisms through which staff members may participate in decisions that affect them
All Haverford College employees, except faculty and Senior Staff, are Staff Association members. The Haverford College Staff Association is led by an Executive Committee that has general direction of the business and affairs of the Association. The Executive Committee reports to the Staff Association.
Members are chosen to represent all segments of campus on an executive committee. The Association sends representatives to the Managers and the Administrative Advisory Committee (AAC). Appointments are also made to ad hoc committees. Employees should make a point of discussing with their representatives any matter that they think should be raised with the administration for correction or clarification. Raising questions ultimately benefits both the staff and the College.