Sexual Misconduct: Campus Safety
Ed Eggles, Detective Lieutenant and Lil Burroughs, Director of Operations at Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges
Ground floor of the Gardner Integrated Athletic Center (GIAC)
Nora Nelle, Consultant
At Campus Safety an officer can:
- Connect you to the different on-campus resources.
- Transport you to Health Services, Bryn Mawr Hospital, or the police station.
- Provide you with support and information about your options through the police and criminal justice system, including your legal rights.
- Arrange for a meeting with law enforcement in the Campus Safety Office.
- Campus Safety is required to inform the Dean of the College that a sexual assault has occurred.
- With the survivor's permission, Campus Safety will also inform the police that a sexual assault has occurred.
- An anonymous report of a sexual assault to Campus Safety will be included in the annual crime statistics compiled by Campus Safety in compliance with federal law.
- A report made identifying a suspect by name requires a prompt and thorough investigation.
- Security officers are trained by volunteers from WOAR (Women Organized Against Rape)