We Make Getting There Easier!
We hope to make service more accessible by providing support for travel and transportation.
- The OSCC will reimburse students for travel costs incurred on individual service projects. Reimbursement is for public transportation or mileage only. Ride-share services can be reimbursed in the amount of an equivalent public transportation fare, or if there were 3 or more students in the vehicle, can be refunded the full amount (please include student names in request).
- Reimbursements cannot be processed without receipts. Submit receipts to Emily Johnson for processing.
As a Ford, you’re less than 30 minutes by public transportation to Center City Philadelphia, where you can access all of the opportunities and resources of a huge metropolis. All it takes is a short walk from campus, and you’re on your way to Philadelphia!
How it Works
Any Haverford student who is going to a one-time event that relates to civic or cultural engagement in the city can request a disposable SEPTA pass.
Each SEPTA pass is loaded with 2 rides and can be used on the Norristown High Speed Line (NHSL), Market-Frankford Line (MFL), buses, trolleys or the Subway (Broad Street Line) for transportation to and from Philadelphia. All you have to do is complete a quick form detailing what activity you plan to participate in and you can get a pass.
The hope is that you will participate in something that will inform your civic and cultural experience while at Haverford. If you are unsure if your trip qualifies, feel free to send an email to hc-engage [at] haverford.edu.
The Haverford College SEPTA portal is your guide to fast, safe, and affordable public transportation around campus.
Get a SEPTA Pass
Stop by during the days/times listed and fill out a quick form to get your pass. This pass is for all one-time Civic, Cultural, Social Justice, Activism, Volunteer and Service requests.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
CPGC Office (Stokes 107)
Groups & Recurring Events
- These passes are not to be used for events with recurring travel needs such as internships, ongoing volunteering or travel to classes.
- Doctors appointments and personal trips (including traveling home over breaks) do not qualify for the free pass.
- These passes are available for individuals only. If you and a group want to travel into the city for a qualifying event each participant must come and pick up their own pass individually.