First-Year and New Student Arrival Information
The residence halls officially open for first-year and new students on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 8:30am. Check-in for first year and new students will take place in Founders Hall between 8:30am–4:00pm. Customs begins at 4:00pm.
First-Year and new students will go through check-in on Wednesday, August 30. This is a mandatory process which students must complete to be considered fully enrolled. During check-in you will verify that a number of things have been completed and if not, you will be asked to complete these requirements at that time.
Here are some things that you can do and have in place before you arrive at Haverford:
- Submit all required health forms and complete the online health insurance requirement. If you haven’t already done so, you can access the insurance information here. You must complete your health insurance requirement before Check-In. Please contact Health Services if you have any questions.
- Register and upload your OneCard photo. Your OneCard is your access to the residence halls and other campus buildings, your library card, Campus Cash, and your dining card both at the Dining Center and at the Coop. Please follow these instructions to register and upload your OneCard photo. You will pick up your OneCard during Check-In.
- Tuition bills have been sent out via mail. For information on student accounts please visit https://www.haverford.edu/business-office/student-accounts. If you or your parents/guardians have any questions or concerns, please be contact Barbara Wilson in the Business Office at 610-896-1251 or bwilson [at] haverford.edu). If you have questions or concerns about how your financial aid, please call 610-896-1350 or e-mail finaid [at] haverford.edu.
- If you will have a bicycle on campus, you can register your bicycle online through Campus Safety.
- Keep an eye out for an email from Central Services regarding your campus mailbox. Each student is assigned a mailbox at the beginning of the school year. Your mailbox will change each academic year. Mailboxes are secured with a combination that will be emailed to you prior to the start of the academic year. If you forget your combination, you can request it from Central Services.
First-Year and New Student Check-in and Schedule
When: Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Time: 8:30am – 4:00pm. Please arrive no later than 3:00pm to allow an hour to complete the registration process.
Where: Founders Hall
How: At the Welcome Desk, on Founders porch, you will be greeted by some of our Customs folks who will give you an individualized Check-In form. They will direct you to your next stop. If you still need to finish up things for Health Services, you will be directed to Morris Health Services, first, and once they have stamped your form you will come back to Founders. If Health Services has stamped your form, you will be directed to go inside to Founders Hall. Feel free to pick up something to eat or drink in the foyer. Then, go to each station, in order, to get the necessary signature/stamp saying you’ve completed each requirement. Finally, hand in the Check-In form at the end.
In Founders Hall:
- Pick up your Student Identification Card (OneCard) from the Campus Safety Office.
All students must obtain their OneCard here before they complete registration. First-year/new students who have sent in their form will have their OneCard waiting for them here. If you did not send in your form ahead of time, you will have your picture taken and OneCard made at this time.
- First-Year students confirm with the Campus Safety Office that they will not keep a motor vehicle on campus.
- Check your Student Account with the Business Office.
You will stop at this station to confirm that you have satisfied your bills. Please do not go to the Business Office in Stokes.
- Customs Week Schedule
You will receive materials from the Customs Committee, including the orientation schedule for the week’s events and a welcome bag.
- Room Keys
You will swipe your OneCard and pick up your room key. If you have already picked up your key as an early arrival student you must still stop at this table and swipe your OneCard. The Facilities Management Room Condition Form is now online and you are asked to fill it out once you have moved into your room.
You will pick up information here about connecting your computer to the network. For further IT support, go to Haverford’s ProDesk located in Stokes 204T, which is open M-F 9am-5pm.
- Residential Life – Completion of Check-In
You will be asked to read and sign the bottom of your form acknowledging that you have read and understand the Residential Life/Safety Policy, and then submit your completed form.
- Dining Services, the COOP, Campus Cash information
- Parent Programs
- Student Employment
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
In the Dining Center
- Voter Registration
Students may register to vote in the lobby of the Dining Center.
In the Whitehead Campus Center
- Checking Accounts
Students may open a checking account with TD Bank and apply for an ATM card.
- In preparation for your arrival, you can access a campus map here.