2018 Fall Break Notice
Fall Break begins Friday, October 12, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. and ends Monday, October 22, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. All residence halls will be open during the break.
If you are leaving during Fall Break remember to do the following:
- Make sure you close and lock your windows and your room and entrance doors when you are not in your room/suite.
- Close all windows, draw shades, and turn out all lights to help conserve energy.
- If possible, please turn your refrigerator to the lowest setting.
- Campus Safety recommends that all valuable articles such as computers be stored in High Security Storage located in their office in the (GIAC). You may bring your articles in Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. All articles must be boxed and clearly marked with your name and year. Articles may be picked up after the break Sunday between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage to or loss of student property, wherever it is located. The College will not honor claims made against it for damage or loss and strongly recommends that personal property is adequately insured by students.
- HCA Residents:
- Please turn your thermostats down to 55 degrees.
- Campus Safety recommends that you call the office and ask for the deadlock to be put on if everyone in your apartment is going to be away. The first resident back must call to have the deadlock removed.
Some services and campus offices have limited hours or are closed during the break. Check below for further information.
- Open 24/7
- Please note: The college's parking regulations are enforced 24/7 throughout the academic year, including break periods. Please do not park in areas reserved for faculty & staff during normal business hours as staff will be working regular hours during the Fall Break.
- Open Friday, October 12, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Kitchen closed at 2:00 p.m.)
- Closed Saturday, October 13 and Sunday, October 14
- Open Monday, October 15 – Friday October 19, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Kitchen closed at 2:00 p.m.)
- Closed Saturday, October 20 and Sunday, October 21
- Note: Meal equivalency at the Coop is not available during Fall Break
- On Friday, October 12, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. a Boxed Lunch buffet is available for students who want to take a meal with them. Note: There is no meal exchange with unless both Dining Services are in operation.
- The Dining Center will be open the following dates & times during Fall Break:
- Friday, October 12: Dinner 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Saturday, October 13 – Saturday, October 20: Continental breakfast 9:00am-10:30am, Brunch 11:30am-1:00pm, and Dinner 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
- Sunday, October 21: Continental breakfast 9:00am-10:30am, Brunch 11:30am-1:00pm, and Dinner 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Please note: No meal plans will be accepted. Only cash and credit card will be accepted during Fall Break.
- Continental breakfast: $6.50
- Brunch: $11.25
- Dinner: $13.90
- Closed Friday, October 12, 4:00 p.m. – Reopens Monday, October 22, 9:00 a.m.
- In the event of an emergency during this time, call Campus Safety for transport to the Bryn Mawr Hospital Emergency Room.
- Click for a map of local Urgent Cares if you wish to see a Health Provider for a fee. Note: HC Health Services has not evaluated these providers for quality of services so utilize them at your own risk.
- Closed during Fall Break.
- Students can reach the counselor on-call during the break by calling Campus Safety at 610-896-1111.
For other campus office hours during fall break please refer to their websites.
- Friday, October 12, 12:45 a.m. after midnight Last run HC to BMC
- Saturday October 13, through Sunday October 14, first run 5:00 p.m. follows regular Sunday schedule, the last run is 12:15 a.m. HC to BMC
- Monday, October 22, regular schedule resumes
- Friday, October 12: Last run SC to HC. 5:50 p.m. Last run SC to BMC 6:20 p.m.
- Saturday October 13, through Sunday October 22, No runs.
- Monday, October 22, regular schedule resumes with 6:30 a.m. run from BMC
- Friday, October 12 - BMC Merion Ave Bus Stop: 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 12 - Stokes Hall Bus Stop: 1:15 p.m. and 3:15 pm.
- Be sure to arrive early as the bus does not wait. The shuttle costs $12 per person and reservations can be made . For more information, call 610-526-7570.
Haverford Train Station Pick-Ups
- Sunday, October 21 – Van will pick up incoming students from the Westbound (outgoing) side of the station between the hours of 1:00pm to 11:00pm.
- The van will enter Haverford's campus at the Lancaster Avenue entrance (College Lane) and will drop students off, as requested, at the following locations:
- At the junction of College Lane & Coursey Road by Barclay
- At the SE corner of South Lot by the path to the HCA trail
- On Walton Road between Gummere and Leeds
- At junction of Carter & Harris Roads for the North Dorms
- Train Station Pick-ups in general: Campus Safety will pick up students at the Haverford or Ardmore Stations (R5) or the Haverford Station (R100 High Speed Line) any evening only if it is after dark and the student is alone.
- All residence halls will remain open during Fall Break.
- Important note: Please start making travel arrangements for Winter Break. The residence halls close at 12:00pm on Saturday, December 22. Winter break housing is only provided to athletes, international students who are unable to return home, and students taking classes at Penn. Residence halls will re-open at 10:00am on January 20.