Spring Break Notice
Spring Break begins Friday, March 9, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. and ends Monday, March 19, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. All residence halls will be open during the break
Dates and Information:
If you are leaving during Spring Break remember to do the following:
- Make sure you close and lock your windows and your room and entrance doors when you are not in your room/suite.
- Close all windows, draw shades, turn out all lights, switch off power strips and unplug appliances to help conserve energy.
- If possible, please turn your refrigerator to the lowest setting.
- Campus Safety recommends that all valuable articles such as computers be stored in High Security Storage located in their office in the (GIAC). You may bring your articles in Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. All articles must be boxed and clearly marked with your name and year. Articles may be picked up after the break Sunday between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage to or loss of student property, wherever it is located. The College will not honor claims made against it for damage or loss and strongly recommends that personal property is adequately insured by students.
- HCA Residents:
- Please turn your thermostats down to 55 degrees.
- Campus Safety recommends that you call the office and ask for the deadlock to be put on if everyone in your apartment is going to be away. The first resident back must call to have the deadlock removed.
- As a reminder, on-campus storage is no longer going to be offered.
- If you have belongings in Barclay basement storage room, Gummere basement storage room, or HCA 30 basement storage room, please have them removed by no later than April 1, 2018. Anything left in these spaces after that date will be discarded.
- For belongings you have in any other spaces, please remove them by no later than Saturday May 19, 2018. Again, anything left in these spaces after these specified dates will be discarded.
- Spring Cleaning: sort your waste: (1) single stream recycling (list of what's in and what's out) (2) share usable items you don't need: offer them to a friend or give them to charity, e.g. through an organization like GreenDrop.
Some services and campus offices have limited hours or are closed during the break. Check below for further information.
- Open 24/7
- Please note: The college's parking regulations are enforced 24/7 throughout the academic year, including break periods. Please do not park in areas reserved for faculty & staff during normal business hours as staff will be working regular hours during the Spring Break.
- Open Friday, March 9, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Kitchen closed at 2:00 p.m.)
- Closed Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11
- Open Monday, March 12 – Wednesday, March 14, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Kitchen closed at 2:00 p.m.)
- Closed Thursday, March 15 and Sunday, March 18
- Note: Meal equivalency at the Coop is not available during Spring Break
- Closed Friday, March 9, 2:00 p.m. – Reopens Sunday, March 18, 5:00 p.m.
- On Friday, March 9, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. a Boxed Lunch buffet is available for students who want to take a meal with them. Note: There is no meal exchange with BMC Dining unless both Dining Services are in operation.
- Closed Friday, March 9, 4:00 p.m. – Reopens Monday, March 19, 9:00 a.m.
- In the event of an emergency during this time, call Campus Safety for transport to the Bryn Mawr Hospital Emergency Room.
- Click here for a map of local Urgent Cares if you wish to see a Health Provider for a fee. Note: HC Health Services has not evaluated these providers for quality of services so utilize them at your own risk.
- Open Monday, March 12 – Wednesday, March 14 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Closed Thursday, March 15 and Friday, March 16
For other campus office hours during Spring break please refer to their websites.
- Friday, March 9, 10:20 p.m. after midnight Last run HC to BMC
- Saturday, March 10, through Sunday, March 11, No Runs
- Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16
- BMC to HC 7:15 p.m., 10:15 p.m.
- HC to BMC: 7:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11: BMC to HC: 7:15 p.m., 10:15 p.m., 12:15 a.m.; HC to BMC: 7:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m., 12:30 a.m.
- Sunday, March 18, regular schedule resumes with 5:00 p.m. run from BMC to HC
- Friday, March 9: Last run SC to HC. 5:50 p.m. Last run SC to BMC 6:20 p.m.
- Monday, March 19, regular schedule resumes with 6:30 a.m. run from BMC
- Friday, March 9 BMC Merion Ave Bus Stop: 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 9 Haverford Stokes Hall Bus Stop: 1:15 p.m. and 3:15 pm.
- Be sure to arrive early as the bus does not wait. The shuttle costs $12 per person and reservations should be made here. For more information, call 610-526-7570.
Haverford Train Station Pick-Ups
- Sunday, March 22, 6:45 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 8:45 p.m., 9:45 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 11:45 p.m.
The Tri-Co van will pick students up from Westbound (outgoing) side of the station.
- The van will enter Haverford's campus at the Lancaster Avenue entrance (College Lane) and will drop students off, as requested, at the following locations:
- At the junction of College Lane & Coursey Road by Barclay
- At the SE corner of South Lot by the path to the HCA trail
- On Walton Road between Gummere and Leeds
- At junction of Carter & Harris Roads for the North Dorms
- Train Station Pick-ups in general: Campus Safety will pick up students at the Haverford or Ardmore Stations (R5) or the Haverford Station (R100 High Speed Line) any evening only if it is after dark and the student is alone.
Refer to the Residence Life Calendar for other important dates throughout the semester.