Grants & Research Support
The Grants & Research Support team serves to provide oversight, record keeping, communications, and resource support for all faculty grants and other research resources. In addition, the team assures compliance with federally mandated regulations and works closely with the various committees tasked to serve this function. The team will also serve as a communication conduit with other departments at the College that provide faculty support, including the Business Office, Human Resources, and Payroll. More recently, this team also assists members of the community in intellectual property matters, working closely with the President's Office
Assistant Provost for Administration
- Faculty Grants - track/announce internal and external grants, fellowships and awards
- Support for the research compliance committees (IACUC, IBC, Lab Safety, IRB) prepare materials, compile minutes, and archive documents.
- Coordination of account setup for grants, fellowships, and salary support
Senior Assistant for Curricular and Provostial Affairs
- Oversight of Research and Scholarship Support Fund and Visiting Faculty Funds in conjunction with the Associate Provost and Assistant Provost
- Coordination of internal funding awards, including Faculty research grants and Student Research Assistant funding.
Professor of Biology and Associate Provost for Faculty Development and Support
- Oversight of internal grant, research, travel, and student support funds,
- Review of applications for external grants, and oversight of extramural grant reporting and compliance
- Research funding and policies review
- Intellectual property review
- Facilitating ownership discussions (both internal & external)
- Material transfer agreements
- User agreements
- Academic service contracts
- Resource support for the federally mandated committees (IACUC, IBC, Lab Safety, IRB)
Director of Sponsored Research
- Assists with identifying and communicating with potential funding agencies
- Administers the submission of faculty proposals, including all government proposals, through Grants.gov or other portals
- Reviews and edits, as requested, faculty proposals and assists faculty with the preparation and review of their budgets for research and other grant proposal submissions
- Assists with post-award issues, such as rebudgeting, hiring support personnel, and preparing and submitting annual and final reports.
- Partners with the Provost's Office and the Business Office on a regular basis to monitor and ensure faculty compliance with all internal and appropriate external regulations
- Supports work of federally mandated committee structures (IACUC, IBC, Lab Safety, IRB). This includes acting as a liaison amongst these committees and the Provost's Office, and is responsible for official communications with federal governing bodies. These committees include:
- Collaborates with the Laboratory Safety Committee and the Occupational Safety & Health Officer as it relates to grant and research support.