Spring (in year you are applying)
- Attend a Pre-Law Orientation or meet with Jennifer Barr. Appointments made through Emmy Robinson at 610-896-1181.
- Open a free online account with the Law School Admission Council. Authorize the release of your information to Haverford for contact info and statistical purposes.
- Decide on which LSAT you will be taking, if you have not already done so (Feb., June, Oct., Dec.).
- Create a timeline for yourself, working backwards from the date you would like to matriculate.
- Prepare for and registrar for the June LSAT (if necessary).
End of Semester/Early Summer
- Subscribe to the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS). This is a fee based service and required to apply to law school.
- Request Letters of Recommendation or Evaluation Services from Faculty or others.
- Take the June LSAT(if scheduled).
- Have official transcripts sent to the Credential Assembly Service (CAS).
- Conduct research on law schools.
- Review applications and brochures.
- Research, visit, and select appropriate range of law schools.
- Prepare personal statement.
- Meet with Jennifer Barr as needed, telephone appointments are available through # above.
- Check-in with your letter of recommendation writers / evaluators.
- Request a Deans Certification for schools that require it (only 8 schools require).
- Prepare for and registrar for the October LSAT (if necessary).
- Sign up for a CRA Account (Candidate Referral Service) through LSAC. Schools will recruit you and possibly send application fee waivers.
- Take October LSAT (if necessary).
- Request a Dean's Certification for schools that require it (if not yet requested).
- Attend Law School Information Sessions with admission officers from various law schools.
- Attend the Philadelphia Law School Fair (held annually at Drexel), or Fairs in other cities.
- Confirm your application materials/File is complete at LSAC.
- Apply to an appropriate range of reach AND safety law schools. The EARLIER you apply, the better! Applications become available between September 1 and October 1.
- Prepare for and registrar for the December LSAT (if necessary).
- Complete and file financial aid applications – very early winter.
- Send an updated transcript with Fall term grades to LSAC if needed.
- Take the December LSAT (if necessary).
- Meet with Jennifer as needed and as you hear from schools.
- Talk with Haverford Law Alumni about various schools they attended.
- Join the HC Law Alumni LinkedIn Group.
- Send continued-interest letters to any wait list schools.
- Visit Law Schools as you hear acceptances/Attend Accepted Student days.
- Pay your seat deposit by law school deadline.