2017 Fall Break Information
Fall Break is coming quick! Read here for all the information you need.
Dates and Information:
Fall Break begins Friday, October 13, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. and ends Monday, October 23, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. All residence halls will be open during the break.
If you are leaving during Fall Break remember to do the following:
- Make sure you close and lock your windows and your room and entrance doors when you are not in your room/suite.
- Close all windows, draw shades, and turn out all lights to help conserve energy.
- If possible, please turn your refrigerator to the lowest setting.
- Campus Safety recommends that all valuable articles such as computers be stored in High Security Storage located in their office (in the GIAC). You may bring your articles in Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. All articles must be boxed and clearly marked with your name and year. Articles may be picked up after the break Sunday between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage to or loss of student property, wherever it is located. The College will not honor claims made against it for damage or loss and strongly recommends that personal property is adequately insured by students.
- HCA Residents:
- Please turn your thermostats down to 55 degrees.
- Campus Safety recommends that you call the office and ask for the deadlock to be put on if everyone in your apartment is going to be away. The first resident back must call to have the deadlock removed.
Some services and campus offices have limited hours or are closed during the break. Check below for further information.
- Open 24/7
- Please note: The college's parking regulations are enforced 24/7 throughout the academic year, including break periods. Please do not park in areas reserved for faculty & staff during normal business hours as staff will be working regular hours during the Fall Break.
- Open Friday, October 13, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Kitchen closed at 2:00 p.m.)
- Closed Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15
- Open Monday, October 16 – Friday October 20, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Kitchen closed at 2:00 p.m.)
- Closed Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22
- Note: Meal equivalency at the Coop is not available during Fall Break
- Closed Friday, October 13, 2:00 p.m. – Reopens Sunday, October 22, 5:00 p.m.
- On Friday, October 13, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. a Boxed Lunch buffet is available for students who want to take a meal with them. Note: There is no meal exchange with BMC Dining unless both Dining Services are in operation.
- Closed Friday, October 13, 4:00 p.m. – Reopens Monday, October 23, 9:00 a.m.
- In the event of an emergency during this time, call Campus Safety for transport to the Bryn Mawr Hospital Emergency Room.
- Click here for a map of local Urgent Cares if you wish to see a Health Provider for a fee. Note: HC Health Services has not evaluated these providers for quality of services so utilize them at your own risk.
- Monday, October 16 – Friday, October 20 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For other campus office hours during fall break please refer to their websites.
- Friday, October 13, 12:45 a.m. after midnight. Last run HC to BMC
- Saturday October 14, through Sunday October 15, first run 5:00 p.m. follows regular Sunday schedule, the last run is 12:15 a.m. HC to BMC
- Monday, October 23, regular schedule resumes
- Friday, October 13: Last run SC to HC 5:50 p.m. Last run SC to BMC 6:20 p.m.
- Saturday October 14, through Sunday October 22, no runs.
- Monday, October 23, regular schedule resumes with 6:30 a.m. run from BMC
- Friday, October 13 BMC Merion Ave Bus Stop: 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 13 Stokes Hall Bus Stop: 1:15 p.m. and 3:15 pm.
- Be sure to arrive early as the bus does not wait. The shuttle costs $12 per person and reservations should be made here. For more information, call 610-526-7570.
Haverford Train Station Pick-Ups
- Sunday, October 22, 6:45 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 8:45 p.m., 9:45 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 11:45 p.m.
The Tri-Co van will pick students up from Westbound (outgoing) side of the station.
- The van will enter Haverford's campus at the Lancaster Avenue entrance (College Lane) and will drop students off, as requested, at the following locations:
- At the junction of College Lane & Coursey Road by Barclay
- At the SE corner of South Lot by the path to the HCA trail
- On Walton Road between Gummere and Leeds
- At junction of Carter & Harris Roads for the North Dorms
- Train Station Pick-ups in general: Campus Safety will pick up students at the Haverford or Ardmore Stations (R5) or the Haverford Station (R100 High Speed Line) any evening only if it is after dark and the student is alone.
Refer to the Residence Life Calendar for other important dates throughout the semester.