Policies & Procedures
The Libraries adhere to and publish various policies and guidelines, which guide internal and external work. Those policies and guidelines deemed of interest to a broader audience are included here. We welcome any questions, comments, or requests for clarification.
Anyone may use materials housed in the Haverford Libraries. However, to borrow books you must have either a valid College I.D. from Bryn Mawr, Haverford or Swarthmore or a courtesy borrower card from Haverford.
Haverford College builds its collections of information resources in cooperation with Bryn Mawr College and Swarthmore College, as part of the Tri-College Consortium.
Copyright can be complex, and as a result complying with copyright can be daunting at times. The Libraries have created a Copyright Resource Guide as an aid in navigating common academic issues and situations.
The Haverford College Libraries invites students, faculty, staff, and other members of the Haverford community to propose and produce exhibitions in the Sharpless Gallery of the library that support the teaching, learning, and research goals of the College.
Special Collections Reproduction Policies & Fees
We attempt to accommodate all requests for reproductions as long this does not damage the materials or violate copyright law. Some materials, due to fragility or other issues, may only be reproduced through certain methods. Please consult a staff member if you have questions.
- Digital Photography
- Patrons may use cameras in the Reading Room provided that the flash and all sounds are turned off. Some restricted materials may not be photographed. No personal scanners are permitted in the Reading Room.
- Photocopies, PDFs, and Scans
- Patrons may request up to 100 photocopies or PDF copies per year of materials in our collections. Copies cost $10 for the first ten copies, and $.25/page after that. Publication-quality scans or digital images cost $10/page. These will be provided at 600 ppi unless otherwise specified.
- Photocopies and PDFs of open-stacks materials
- Patrons can make their own PDFs or photocopies of open-stacks materials. PDFs are free, copies cost $.15/copy.
- Non-Tri-College patrons will be charged $.10 for printing, including printing from the microfilm reader.
- Permission to Publish
- Materials in our collection are governed by U.S. copyright law. Please contact us for permission to publish and our preferred citation and attribution information. All materials should be noted as being from Quaker & Special Collections, Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania.