More than 1,000 alumni will return to campus for Alumni Weekend 2014 (May 30 - June 1).
Updates for Alumni & Parents
Alumni Weekend is May 30-June 1, 2014
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Q&A with President Daniel H. Weiss
- Reading and Book Signing with Dave Barry '69
- Alumni panel discussions on international security and U.S. foreign policy, civic engagement, the impact of technology, and more
- Discussions with emeriti faculty Roger Lane and Bruce Partridge
WHRC Radio Alumni Reunion – During Alumni Weekend
Whether your class is honoring a reunion year or not, please join us in celebrating 90+ years of radio at Haverford at the following Alumni Weekend events:
Reception and Exhibit Saturday, May 31, 3:30-5:00 p.m. Magill Library
Mingle with past and present Haverford radio DJs and enjoy a walking tour of old and new Haverford radio sites on campus.
WABQ, WHAV, WHRC: 90+ Years of Student-Powered Radio at Haverford College Sunday, June 1, 9:00-11:00 a.m. Bryn Mawr Room, Dining Center
Panel discussion featuring radio alumni representing the 1940s through today.
An Odyssey of Ancient Civilizations: Coastal Life from the Adriatic to the Aegean
Alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and staff are invited to join Haverford President Daniel H. Weiss on a cruise from Venice to Athens along the stunning, island-dappled Dalmatian coast from June 15–23, 2015. On this seven-night itinerary, travelers will visit Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, and Greece, and up to eight UNESCO World Heritage sites exploring the cultural influence of the Roman, Greek, Byzantine, Venetian, and Slavic civilizations. Highlights include:
- Split’s Palace of Diocletian
- Dubrovnik’s 15th-century walled city
- Kotor’s medieval fortifications and architecture in Montenegro
- the remarkable archaeological site of Butrint
- Corfu's Old Town
- the ancient Greek site of Delphi
Enjoy a Coastal Life Forum® with local residents, a folk music performance on board, a lecture on the restoration of Dubrovnik, plus informal visiting with President Weiss and other Haverford travelers.
Prices start from approximately $3,995 plus air per person. For more information, visit Alumni Travel. To reserve your space today, complete the Early Interest Form (pdf) and return it with your deposit directly to Gohagan Travel.