Updates for Alumni & Parents
Annual Fund giving breaks record
We are deeply grateful to the alumni, parents and friends of the College who made a contribution to the Annual Fund in 2011–2012. We raised a total of $5.3 million for academic programs, financial aid, student life, the campus and facilities, athletics and more.
Here are some of the many successes we are celebrating, thanks to your support:
- Total raised: $5,321,208—the most ever for Haverford's Annual Fund.
- 47% of alumni participated.
- 812 people joined The 1833 Society.
- Current and past parents raised $514,315 for the Parents' Fund.
- The Class of 2012 set a record for highest participation in the Senior Class Gift at 81%.
- Small gifts made a big difference: Gifts under $150 added up to $284,204.
- 3,623 donors have given for five or more consecutive years. Thank you for your loyalty!
The Library wants your senior thesis
The Library hopes to include copies of all senior thesis and senior research projects at Magill in perpetuity, for use by current students and for archival purposes. To submit your thesis, please visit the Library website (and follow the instructions posted).If you have any questions, contact Margaret Schaus.
New Library Access for Alumni
Summer’s a great time to take advantage of free access to several of the Library’s valuable online journal collections:
- JSTOR is a trusted digital archive of premier academic journals. Haverford’s access includes ten collections of nearly 2,000 journals across a variety of disciplines.
- Project MUSE is a trusted source of complete, full-text versions of scholarly journals from many of the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies. Its electronic journal collections contain over 200,000 articles and are ideal for a wide array of research needs.
Visit the Services page of our alumni portal at fords.haverford.edu for journal access and other useful alumni resources.