Parents, siblings, students and friends will enjoy the many academic and social events held during Family and Friends Weekend.
Updates for Alumni & Parents
Save the Date for Friends and Family Weekend, Oct. 26-28, 2012
Don’t miss this unique chance to meet members of the College community and get a taste of your student’s Haverford experience! Events start Friday afternoon and continue through brunch on Sunday, including:
- Classes taught by Haverford faculty and open houses featuring the academic centers
- Panel discussions with Deans and student leaders
- Presentations on study abroad, career development and 8th Dimension (Office of Community Service)
- Student athletic competitions and artistic presentations
- Conversation and reception with the President
Library’s Senior Thesis Collection Project
The Library is eager to expand its holdings to include copies of all senior thesis and senior research projects. The product of all your hard work will be maintained at Magill in perpetuity, for use by current students and for archival purposes. If you’d like to submit your thesis, please visit the Library website (and follow the instructions posted). If you have any questions, contact Margaret Schaus. New Library Access for Alumni
In our efforts to extend campus resources to members of the Haverford family who live far and wide, we now offer alumni free access to several of the Library’s valuable online journal collections:
- JSTOR is a trusted digital archive of premier academic journals. Haverford’s access includes ten collections of nearly 2,000 journals across a variety of disciplines.
- Project MUSE is a trusted source of complete, full-text versions of scholarly journals from many of the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies. Its electronic journal collections contain over 200,000 articles and are ideal for a wide array of research needs.
Visit the Services page of our alumni portal at fords.haverford.edu for journal access and other useful alumni resources. On-Campus Parking Reminder
Because there are a number of construction projects underway—in addition to the usual buzz of activity around campus—we must do our part and work together to minimize inconvenience for everyone: faculty, students, prospective students and families, and other visitors alike. In this light, we offer the gentle reminder that alumni, parents and friends are invited to park in the Visitor Lot, located by the Haverford College Apartments (access available near the Ira A. DeReid House) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. After 5:00 p.m., most lots are open for anyone, unless otherwise marked. Wheelchair-accessible parking is available throughout campus. For details, view the Google map of campus or the Campus Access Map (which shows accessible parking locations). Record Participation for 2012 Senior Class Gift
The Class of 2012 has raised the bar for the Senior Class Gift. This spring they hit 81 percent participation—the highest response yet—in support for the Annual Fund. They raised a total of $5,418.63, with 14 individuals joining The 1833 Society, which constitutes a gift of $100 or more. There was an anonymous challenger whose generosity encouraged the Senior Class Gift Committee (SCGC) and spurred the class to reach a number of specific milestones throughout the year. “The real credit goes to the 25 members of the class on the SCGC who worked throughout the year to create awareness—through emails, events and one-on-one conversations—of the importance of giving back to Haverford,” says Anne Koellhoffer '09, the College’s Jill Sherman Fellow for Leadership in Advancement and SCGC staff advisor. “The College is grateful for this outpouring of loyalty and dedication and looks forward to working closely with this new group of Young Alumni for years to come.”