Construction of Tritton and Kim Halls. Taken December 2011.
Winter 2012 Facilities Update
Projects Completed Since Summer 2011:
- Installation of dorm sprinkler system at Haverford College Apartments (HCA). (All residence halls are now “sprinklered.”)
- Renovation of a lab for environmental biology in Sharpless Hall.
- Upgrades made to the baseball field funded by donation made in the name of Greg Kannerstein ’63.
- Major structural repairs made to 9 College Lane.
- New furniture procured for Gummere Hall bedrooms.
- New electrical feeds to HCA created, so that the campus generator can now act as electrical backup for the apartments.
- The HCA/PECO parking lot is now totally connected to the campus.
- Installation of a new boiler in 36 Railroad Ave.
- Installation of new windows in four different faculty-housing units.
- Installation of a new roof on the back end of Lloyd Hall and the north end of Barclay Hall.
- Installation of energy-efficient lights in dorms.
- Completion of Magill Library’s A.V. room.
- Stokes basement computer lab. (Finished over Winter Break.)
- Lunt Café renovations. (Should be completed by January 16.)
- Carpet removal from the floors of the DC’s dining area and the Coop. Floors in both locations were replaced with hard surfaces that are easier to maintain and clean.
Projects Currently Under Way:
- Tritton and Kim halls, the campus’ first new residence halls since 1968. Construction is on-schedule and on-budget for an August 14 completion. Dorms will be ready for fall 2012 occupancy.
- Water infiltration mitigation in basements of faculty housing. Work has been completed in some buildings on College Lane, and Facilities Management crews are currently working their way down College Lane. (Should be finished with all work by October 2013.)
- Observatory renovations. (Should be completed by fall 2012.)
- Roof, air-conditioning and boiler repairs in different academic building and faculty housing units. (Should be completed by June 30.)
- Dorm renovations, including the creation of a large lounge on the first floor of Lunt Hall, a laundry facility in the basement of Comfort Hall and open floor plans for three floors in four townhouses of HCA to house incoming first-years. (These should be completed over the summer.)
- Minor bookstore upgrades to help support retail sales and administrative needs. (These should be finished by the end of February.)
- Re-circuiting the main lights in Roberts Hall.