The Libraries will digitize materials from its collections, to the degree copyright law permits, to satisfy curricular and research needs.
Example use cases include:
- to satisfy a pedagogical or course-related goal;
- to advance a faculty member or student's area of research;
- to create a new or expand an existing digital scholarship project;
- to promote unique collections held by the Libraries that would be of value to the wider scholarly community;
- to preserve and make accessible the history of Haverford College; and
- to preserve unique or at-risk materials, especially in the context of Haverford's participation in and commitment to national digital preservation programs.