Carrels in the Science Library and Founders can be reserved for 2 hour blocks. Reservations can be made online via EMS or at a reservation kiosk located near the carrels. If a carrel has not been reserved, it is available for any student's use. Those without a reservation must yield the space to those with a reservation.
Individual Study Carrels
Carrels in Lutnick Library and the Science Library can be reserved for 2 hour blocks. An additional block of carrels in Lutnick are reservable for thesis writers for semester blocks. Reservations can be made online via EMS or at a reservation kiosk located near the carrels. If a carrel has not been reserved, it is available for any student's use. Those without a reservation must yield the space to those with a reservation.
Assistive Computing and Academic Support Carrel
Located on the 1st tier of Magill Library, this carrel is available for use by students with assistive computing and/or academic support needs. Its use requires a referral by Access and Disability Services. A list of eligible and referred students will be kept at the Circulation Desk and updated each semester.
Access is by card key which is available at the Front Desk. As with other areas of this kind, the area must be vacated and the card key returned by 11:00 pm on Sundays through Thursdays and by 5:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Group Study Rooms
To reserve these rooms, please use the College's room reservation system.
- Seven small group study rooms (Rooms 125, 127, 225, 227, 228 and 229). The Small Group Study Rooms are approximately 13’ x 10’ and have a circular table in the middle of the room. The room includes a 55” display with an interface wallplate underneath the display and a Mersive POD. A webcam is provided. Seat configuration: Round tables with four chairs.
- Two medium group study rooms (Room 129 and 224) The Medium Group Study Rooms are approx. 14’ x 12.6’ and have a rectangular table in the middle of the room. They include a 65” display will be installed, along with a table box and a Mersive POD, Listen Assist system and a webcam will be provided. Seat configuration: Rectangular tables with six chairs (can accommodate two more)
- One large group study room (Room 202) The Large Group Study Room is approx. 14.4’ x 29.6’ and has a rectangular table in the middle of the room. It includes an 85” display, a Mersive POD, professional audio with Listen Assist system, a PTZ webcam with an integrated mic and speaker system for web conferencing. Seat configuration: rectangular table with 14 chairs.
White Science Library Group Study Rooms
- Two medium group study rooms (Room 305B and 305C) Equipped with whiteboards and large flat-screen monitors; seating for 10 each.
- Two small group study rooms (Room 304C and Room 304D) Equipped with whiteboards or chalkboards; seating for four each.