Magill will close at the end of the Fall 2017 semester and reopen as the Lutnick Library when the construction is completed.
Demolition continues. You can view a time lapse of progress here.
The Libraries are hiring multiple assistants to help in our exciting work!
Demolition of portions of the 1967 building continued; the third and fourth tier removed from the site. Audio Visual / Information Technologies subcontract awarded. Meeting with the Historical Commission held.
Demolition of portions of the 1967 building continued.
Conversations to finalize skylights continue. Demolition continues. View a timelapse video of March's progress.
Demolition moves into some of the 1967 building and spaces connected to the Heritage buildings. The Building Steering Committee holds a “page turn” to identify outstanding questions with drawings and plans. Slate selection for the roof is determined.
Demolition of the 1941 structural stacks and adjacent spaces is completed. Conversations to finalize skylights are underway. Conversations with the Historic Commission continue.
Package bidding continues. Major progress on the demolition of the 1941 structural stack block is made.
- Open 24/7
Union Music Library
- Open by appointment
White Science Library
- 9:00am–5:00pm (Closed 12:30-1:30 for lunch)
Quaker & Special Collections
- Additional Hours Info