For Faculty: Printer Resources
The HP poster printer in Link L204 is now easily accessible to all faculty in the KINSC. All students need faculty permission.
Poster Printer Guidelines
- Students wishing to print a poster must sign up 48 hours in advance of their need. If you are printing for a poster session, sign up at least a week in advance. Once slots fill up, there may be no way to print your poster.They may sign up by sending an email to KINSC@haverford.edu requesting an appointment for a poster to be printed.
- The sign up times will be during regular business hours and the sign up times will be set up in 60 minute blocks to accommodate large printing jobs. A sign-up sheet will be available at KINSC L204
- For Faculty, if your student must print the poster outside of normal business hours, we ask that you take responsibility for helping your student print the poster.
- Posters for printing will need to be placed in the KINSC Public Read-Write folder in the Departments section of the Storage Server.
Instruction for arranging your slides for a poster presentation
If your poster is created on a Mac, you must save it as a pdf or jpg or verify that the formatting is correct on a pc, before you come in to print.
Your slides must be arranged on a single slide. Multiple slides will not be printed and you will lose your appointment.
- Protocol for Poster Printing
- Using the empty Template, Copy each individual slide onto the template
- Use the paste special:
- for PC users (paste as a metafile)
- for Mac users (paste as a picture)
- Adjust the dimensions
- Please save your pictures as a jpg and at a low resolution
- If it is necessary to have the higher resolution on your pictures, then please have the poster ready early so that the processing on the printer (which can take as long as 1 hour) will not tie up the printer for others to use to meet deadlines.
- No colored backgrounds. Some colored area is fine, but no more than 30% of the total area.
- Printing your poster on a poster printer
(WARNING: If it was created on a Mac - then you must convert it to pdf or make sure your formatting is ok on a pc)
- Ensure that the poster printer (INSC_L204P) on \\accprinters is installed. Printer is available for faculty printing only. You need to be signed on as an administrator in order to print
- Plug in the network cable of the printer into the top far left socket
- Put the printer on
- Your poster should be set for dimensions of at least 41 inches by 41 inches in page set up in power point. Posters can also be prepared in MS Word.
- Select print
- On the print menu, select the poster printer
- Go to properties. Page layout: Tick 'enable scaling'. Under scaling options, select 42 X 60 or larger if necessary. $2 is the width of the paper. If the height of your poster is 42, you should have it set as 'portrait'.
- On the main menu scale to fit paper
Print quality: Normal is excellent
To print from a pdf file:
The paper size in page set up does not matter.
Set poster size in 'properties' as for ppt
Select 'Fit to paper' in page scaling on the main menu