- Download the ISO Overview letter to read.
- You will receive a number of documents related to ISO in an email with the subject line: "Haverford College International Student Orientation Information". Please ensure you carefully read all the documents attached to that email.
- Familiarize yourself with the documents you will need to enter the United States (passport, visa, and I-20 form).
- Obtain F-1 visa and I-20 form.
- Review health insurance. Note: International students with an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to pay for SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan).
- Make travel arrangements to ensure your on-time arrival for ISO.
- Arrange for lodging if you will be arriving before Saturday, August 25.
- Consider purchasing travel insurance to cover medical emergencies, personal liability, property insurance, loss, etc.
- Place the following items in a safe place and carry with you while traveling: SEVIS I-20 form with your valid passport, SEVIS fee receipt, documentation of financial resources, and airline tickets or voucher.
- Bring one complete set of copies of all your documents to Haverford for your file in the ISSO.
- Leave a complete set of copies of all your documents with your parents/guardians.
- Complete the ISO registration form by July 15, 2018.
- Email your travel itinerary to nweisz [at] haverford.edu (Natasha Weisz).
- If you have parents/family arriving on campus with you on Saturday, August 25 please email nweisz [at] haverford.edu (Natasha Weisz) with their names and any dietary restrictions.
- Provide your parents/guardians with the ISSO phone number: (610) 896-2960.
- Ensure you have placed identification tags on your luggage that include Haverford College’s address and ISSO phone number.
- Be prepared to meet your Haverford College financial obligations; payment is due in August for the Fall semester and in January for the Spring semester.
Note: Visit the First-Year Dean’s Blog for additional items that must be completed by all incoming students.