The International Student Orientation (ISO) Program's Student Resource People (ISRPs) are available for one-on-one conversations, hold small workshops and conversations, and advocate for the needs of the ISO cohort within the larger Haverford community.
New Students Resources
Future Fords, congratulations on your acceptance to Haverford College!
First year and sophomore international students arriving on campus for the first time will participate in International Student Orientation (ISO). ISO participants include F-1 visa holders and U.S. citizens living abroad. ISO is independent of Customs Week and will not conflict with those events.
August 20-25, 2021
ISO is scheduled for August 20-25, 2021. ISO move-in dates will be August 20-21. ISO participants should complete the ISO Registration form to confirm their attendance and move-in date. Students are strongly discouraged from making travel plans before they receive their F-1 visa.
The ISSO office will regularly communicate with all students invited to participate in ISO throughout the summer and leading up to their arrival on campus. All logistical information and instructions will be emailed directly to participants.
Newly-admitted students who have questions about the F-1 visa process, ISO or have any other questions or concerns, should email hc-isso [at] haverford.edu.
We look forward to welcoming you to our community in August!
International Student Transferring from a U.S. High School or College?
Because you are currently attending a U.S. educational institution, or are completing Optional Practical Training (OPT), you must have your active SEVIS record transferred to Haverford. Contact an international student advisor at your current institution to notify them that you intend to request the transfer of your SEVIS record to Haverford College. Please provide your current international student advisor with Haverford’s SEVIS Code:
- Haverford College: PHI214F00246000
Receiving Your Haverford I-20:
Your Haverford I-20 will be issued within five to ten business days after your SEVIS record is transferred to Haverford College. Your I-20 will be emailed to the email address you used in the New Student I-20 Request Form.
F-1 Visa and Transfer I-20:
- If your visa has expired, you may remain in the United States as long as you have received your transfer-pending I-20 from Haverford and have no plans to travel outside the United States. However, you will need to renew your F-1 visa the next time you leave the United States.
- If you are outside the United States, you will be able to use your current, unexpired F-1 visa to re-enter the United States, even if it has your previous school’s name printed on it.
- If you are outside the United States and your visa has expired or will expire before returning, you must use your Haverford-issued I-20 to renew your F-1 visa.
New Student Resources
- US Visa Guide (PDF)
- F-1 Visa Interview Guide (PDF)
- Banking in the United States and Local Bank Information
- How to Apply for a Driver’s License (PDF)
- Guide on How to Apply for a Social Security Number
- Packing and Online Shopping Guide
- Directions to Haverford College (PDF)
- Free or Cheap Things to Do in Philadelphia or Near Campus
- Winter Shopping Guide
Meet the ISRPS!
Many of the International Student Orientation (ISO) Program's Student Resource People (ISRPs) are also international students and past participants in ISO. They're intended as support and an additional point of reference.