- Download ISO materials to read.
- Familiarize yourself with the documents you will need to enter the United States (passport, visa, and I-20 form)
- Obtain F-1 visa and I-20 form
- Review health insurance. Note: International students with an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to pay for SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan).
- Make travel arrangements to ensure your on-time arrival for ISO
- Arrange for lodging if you will be arriving before Sunday, August 24
- Consider purchasing travel insurance to cover medical emergencies, personal liability, property insurance, loss, etc.
- Place the following items in a safe place and carry with you while traveling: SEVIS I-20 form with your valid passport, SEVIS fee receipt, documentation of financial resources, and airline tickets or voucher
- Bring one complete set of copies of all your documents to Haverford for your file in the ISSO
- Leave a complete set of copies of all your documents with your parents/guardians
- Complete the ISO registration form
- Email your travel itinerary to Denise Allison
- If travel assistance is needed from Philadelphia International Airport, 30th Street Station, or Haverford train station, please contact Denise Allison
- Provide your parents/guardians with the ISSO phone number: (610) 896-2960
- Ensure you have placed identification tags on your luggage that include Haverford College’s address and ISSO phone number
- Be prepared to meet your Haverford College financial obligations; payment is due in August for the Fall semester and in January for the Spring semester
Note: Visit the First-Year Dean’s Blog for additional items that must be completed by all incoming students.