The 2021 Incubator Application is Open!
The Incubator accepts a wide range of projects. More information can be found in the application. View past projects
About the Program
The Haverford Innovations Program (HIP) works to catalyze the creative and strategic thinking of students around a problem, need, or question, with the goal of fostering new solutions and opportunities through creative entrepreneurial learning projects.
An 8-week program, the Innovation Incubator will support that team’s project development, with the goal of significantly advancing that concept’s readiness and marketability. Such projects are designed and defined broadly, and the end result may take the form of a marketable product, a creative work for public release, an organization or company, or another form of social innovation. Along with a work stipend, teams receive a job materials budget to prototype and test their concept.
The team will commit to working on their project for the full 8-weeks. Students are not expected to have their product ready to launch by the end of this period, but they are expected to show demonstrable and measurable progress— progress that will be defined at the program outset and conveyed in final presentations.
You may also view and download a preview of the application.
Please note that as you complete the application it will auto save answers as you use the "next" button. Your application progress will be saved for 6 months with a browser cookie unless that cookie is deleted or you use a different browser to log in.
February 22, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. ET
- Monday, November 16, 2020 Applications open
- Monday, February 22, 2021: Application Deadline by 11:59 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, Feb 22, 2021 - Monday, March 1 : Committee Reading Review
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021: Committee Meets to Shortlist
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021: Shortlisted teams are notified and receive presentation templates
- Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 : Student Presentations & Committee selection
- Friday, March 12: Incubator Invitations
- Tuesday, March 23: Team Acceptance Commitments Due
Questions about HIP or the Incubator program, please contact Shayna Nickel.