Workday Applications and Integrations Analyst
Haverford College invites applications to our available full-time (at least 37.5 hours per week), exempt, benefit-eligible Workday Applications and Integrations Analyst opportunity.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, the Workday Applications and Integrations Analyst (WAIA) will be the primary business analyst and developer supporting our Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) applications for members of the Haverford College Community. The WAIA will help design, develop, and configure enhancements; build integrations and reports; and respond to user requests regarding the use of and issues with Workday HCM. Modules supported include Core HCM, Benefits, Advanced Compensation, Recruiting, and Talent.
The WAIA will identify system discrepancies, research problems, and develop solutions; work with IT and Client staff to prepare functional and technical specifications for interfaces, conversions, and enhancements to Workday HCM; conduct application testing; develop reports; provide customer support to the Community; and work on related customizations as necessary. The WAIA may also participate in or provide leadership for regularly scheduled or limited scope projects as assigned, which may include working with outside consultants.
Work Location: This position will be eligible for a hybrid work schedule, pursuant to the College’s Work Location Policy.
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities
- Develop and configure enhancements and changes to our Workday HCM application.
- Provide software support (troubleshooting and break fixes) to users of Workday HCM and related software.
- Work with users to define and deliver HCM data usage and reporting needs.
- Create specifications, documenting enhancement or reporting requests.
- Work with Director of Enterprise Systems to prioritize new requests.
- Evaluate service requests related to Workday HCM for reasonableness, effort required, and alternative options.
- Provide support to functional users and data specialists in creating and debugging their Workday HCM reports.
- Identify and create resources (tables, documentation, programs) to increase productivity of end users.
- Research, plan, and specify technical solutions to newly identified client business needs, as assigned.
- Maintain general awareness of advances and current trends in technology.
- Create process and technical documentation.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Line of Report
The Workday Applications and Integrations Analyst reports to the Director of Enterprise Systems and has no direct reports.
Required Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in Information Technology or a related field, or with a certificate from a recognized program that indicates mastery of the tools and techniques for this position.
- Five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Technical proficiency in Enterprise-level HR or HCM modules including Core HCM, Benefits, Advanced Compensation, and Recruiting.
- Technical proficiency in Enterprise Integrations and Integration Tools in general.
- Ability to perform analysis and programming tasks both individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Client service and problem-solving approach to client work is critical.
Preferred Education, Training, and Experience
- Technical proficiency in Workday HCM modules including Core HCM, Benefits, Advanced Compensation, and Recruiting.
- Technical Proficiency in Workday integrations and report writing, including advanced and matrix reports.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Technical proficiency in Workday Payroll, Absence Management, and Studio report development.
- Some knowledge of Slate Admissions System, PowerFAIDS Financial Aid System, and Adirondack Housing Director.
- Experience in compliance with applicable laws, best practices, and policy principles related to FERPA, Fair Use and intellectual property.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds): never
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): never Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): never
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): never
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): never
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): never
All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change over time with notice.
To Apply: Interested applicants are invited to submit an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references as a single Word document or pdf by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Workday-Applications-and-Integrations-Analyst_R445. The application deadline is February 9, 2023. Application review will begin after the deadline has passed. Please note that the failure to provide the required documents may result in a lack of consideration.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands