PeopleSoft Application Lead
Haverford College invites applications to our available full time, exempt, benefit eligible Peoplesoft Application Lead.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, the PeopleSoft Application Lead will provide administrative system and service support for our Peoplesoft Campus Solutions applications to members of the Haverford College Community. The PeopleSoft Application Lead is a business analyst/developer who helps design and program enhancements, build integrations and reports, and respond to user requests, regarding the use of and issues with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
Application Lead will work collaboratively with counterparts from Bryn Mawr College (who hosts our Peoplesoft Applications and shares our Peoplesoft instance) as needed. They will identify system discrepancies, research problems and develop solutions; work with IT and Client staff to prepare functional and technical specifications for interfaces, conversions, and enhancements to Peoplesoft Campus Solutions; conduct application testing; develop queries and reports; provide customer support to the Community; work on PeopleSoft customizations as necessary. The PeopleSoft Application Lead may also participate in or provide leadership for regularly scheduled or limited scope projects as assigned, which may include working with outside consultants.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop PeopleSoft objects in support of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation
- Provide software support (troubleshooting and break fixes) to administrative users of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and related software
- Work with users to define data usage and reporting needs
- Create specifications, documenting enhancement or reporting requests
- Work with Director of Enterprise Systems to prioritize new requests
- Evaluate service requests related to PeopleSoft for reasonableness, effort required and alternative options.
- Create reports and programs using SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query, and PeopleTools development tools.
- Provide support to functional users and data specialists in creating and debugging their PeopleSoft queries.
- Identify and create resources (tables, documentation, programs) to increase productivity of end users.
- Research, plan and specify technical solutions to newly identified client business needs, as assigned.
- Maintain general awareness of advances and current trends in technology.
- Create process and technical documentation.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Line of Report: The Peoplesoft Application Lead reports to the Director of Enterprise Systems. There are no positions that report to the Peoplesoft Application Lead.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of the tools and techniques for this position are also recognized.
- Three to Five years of related professional experience.
- Technical proficiency in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Proficiency with SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query, and PeopleTools development environment.
- Ability to perform analysis and programming tasks both individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, client contact, reading, writing and spoken English skills.
- Client service and Problem-solving approach to client work is critical.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience in compliance with applicable laws, best practices and policy principles related to FERPA, Fair Use and intellectual property.
- Covid-19 Vaccination: All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Never
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Never
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction): Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Never
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Never
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Never
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Never
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: Interested applicants are invited to submit an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references as a single Word document or pdf, by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Cam.... The application deadline is January 23, 2022. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape land.