Two Part Time Weekend Custodians
Haverford College seeks to hire two part time (16 hours per week), non-exempt Custodians to work available weekend shifts.
This position will service all Athletics, Academic, Administrative, and Residence Hall Buildings, providing general and detailed cleaning. This position works Saturday and Sunday (for eight hour shifts sometime between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – specific schedule to be determined).
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Routing cleaning of Residence Halls, Labs, Classrooms, and Offices, including dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, etc. Haverford College seeks to hire a part time (16 hours per week), non-exempt Custodian to work available weekend shifts. This position will service all Athletics, Academic, Administrative, and Residence Hall Buildings, providing general and detailed cleaning. This position works Saturday and Sunday (for eight hour shifts sometime between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – specific schedule to be determined).
- Detailed cleaning of laboratories, to include showers, toilets, sinks, mirrors and all other flat surfaces
- Corridor cleaning, including walls, carpets, tiles, lights, ceilings, and all other flat surfaces
- Building entrance cleaning, including outside steps, plaza, walk-off mats, etc.
- Cleaning of stair wells, dusting, sweeping, and mopping
- Operate power equipment, vacuums, scrubbers, burnishes, extractors, shampoo machines, riding equipment in a safe manner
- Periodic project cleaning as prescribed by the supervisor of housekeeping
- Removal of trash and recycling materials from buildings
- Property maintain all equipment in the department to ensure safety and cleanliness
- Report all equipment malfunctions to supervisor
- Removal of snow from all building steps, walkways, and ramps
- Provide event support, set up of chairs, tables, and other materials
- Perform floor and carpet care to include top scrubbing, burnishing, stripping, refinishing, extracting and shampooing
- Will assist with moving furniture and equipment as needed.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in a custodial, housekeeping, or related janitorial field required; experience in higher education or healthcare is preferred. High school degree or GED required.
- Ability to work the 5:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. shift, on Saturday and/or Sunday depending on campus needs
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): three to six hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction): three to six hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): six to eight hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): six to eight hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): six to eight hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Never
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): three to six hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): three to six hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): three to six hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Special Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse Clearances is required.
Covid-19 Vaccination: All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (to include a booster dose when eligible), and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
To Apply: Interested applicants are invited to complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references as a single Word document or pdf by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Part-Time-Weekend-Custodian_R347. The review of applications will commence on April 18, 2022, and will continue until the positions are filled. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.