IITS Support Specialist
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, exempt (37.5 hours per week), benefit eligible IT Support Specialist. Under the direction of the ProDesk Manager, the IT Support Specialist provides systems and service support to members of the Haverford community. Support may include hardware and software troubleshooting, equipment deployment, developing and testing documentation, training either formal or informal, inventory support, needs gathering, and initial intake of networking, server, and enterprise computing tickets. Support is provided in person, by phone, and...
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Provide services as a member of the ProDesk staff including, but not limited to:
- Initial client contact and baseline information gathering.
- Intake, diagnosis, and ongoing evaluation of and resolution of incidents or service requests.
- Identification of patterns indicative of systemic problems.
- Identification and, where possible, resolution of root causes of individual problems.
- Documenting client interactions, incidents, and requests.
- Communication with clients using defined standards.
- Carry, pack/unpack, assemble/dissemble, connect/disconnect, configure/reconfigure, install/uninstall desktop computers and related hardware.
- Assist in development and/or delivery of educational or training events for the campus community, as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge and technical understanding of the systems, services, and tools provided by and supported by IITS. These include, but are not limited to, systems for authentication, security, domain and user group management, file and application services, remote control, license management, computer lab environments, hardware, and software.
- Sustain an expert-level technical level of at least two supported end-user hardware platforms and operating systems sufficient to maintain at least one independently tested and issued professional certification, as assigned.
- Assist in development and maintenance of online resources.
- Create documentation as assigned.
- Direct and work with student workers, as assigned.
- Maintain general awareness of advances and current technology trends.
- Participate in professional development activities.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Line of Report:
The IT Support Specialist reports to the ProDesk Manager. No positions report to the Support Specialist.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Three or more years of professional experience and an earned Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent additional professional experience in the essential functions and primary responsibilities of the position may be substituted for the earned Bachelor’s degree.
- Technical proficiency in both Windows and Mac OS with demonstrated proof of at least one independently tested and issued professional technical certification. This requirement is waived for one year for existing employees transferred into this role.
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of the software, hardware, and systems currently supported or provided by IITS.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, client contact, reading, writing, and spoken English skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the academic, cultural, and social diversity of the Haverford community.
- Experience with Windows imaging (.wim) and deployment using SCCM.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with a diverse client base.
- Experience in compliance with applicable laws, best practices, and security principles related to information technology in higher education.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Up to three hours
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/IITS-Support-Specialist_R199. The application deadline is Friday, June 28th. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor applicants for work visas.