Human Resources Office Coordinator
Haverford College seeks to hire a full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible Human Resources Office Coordinator. The Human Resources Office Coordinator is responsible for HR office administrative services and provides assistance with Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) and student employment.
Majority Primary Function: Primary liaison for HR office administrative services (50%), HCM Workday and Student / Summer Worker Employment Program support (50%)
1. HR Administrative Services - serves as the first point of contact for the Office of Human Resources including performing a variety of daily administrative and clerical tasks to service campus employees and support the office/staff.
- Provide responsive and accurate customer service for the Office of Human Resources, to include responding to emails, drafting department communication, and responding to inquiries.
- Coordinate and ensure timely and accurate follow-up with e-mail, phone, and Workday inbox requests.
- Handle a variety of office tasks of a general nature, routine/recurring, including maintaining confidential employee files; record retention; preparing new hire packets; ordering office supplies; opening, date stamping, and distributing incoming mail for the HR Office.
- Process employment verification requests.
- Submit invoices for various payments of the HR Office, including the processing of benefits, insurance, vendor renewals, and other HR payments.
- Maintain accurate tracking for ongoing HR initiatives, including performance reviews, compliance reporting, and training.
- Assist in coordinating Benefits Fair and Open Enrollment activities and mailings.
- Coordinate scheduling for HR sponsored events, projects, and compliance trainings, such as new hire orientation, 403b retirement sessions, exit interviews, Annual Thanksgiving Basket Contest, wellness initiatives, professional development, etc.
- Assist with regular website review and revisions.
2. Workday HCM and Student / Summer Worker Employment Program (SWEP) - assist with campus Workday HCM questions, assist with the monitoring of business processes, assist with the review and update of Workday data, assist with Workday report generation and follow-up, and provide service and guidance for both student workers during the academic year and summer workers during summer break, in close collaboration with the Payroll Office.
- Assist all employees with Workday related questions.
- Collaborate with IITS, Payroll, and the Business Office to understand and monitor appropriate business processes, taking action as appropriate. Assist with ongoing testing, and assist with Workday potential future enhancements.
- Assist with HRIS reviews, report generation and follow-up to ensure timely actions, data integrity, and accurate compliance reporting.
- Respond to inquiries and provide assistance to current/incoming student workers, summer workers, and student/summer worker managers regarding SWEP processes, onboarding, and SWEP policies.
- Serve as primary contact for collecting and processing I-9 documentation and assist with collection of onboarding data.
- Assist with SWEP training.
- Work closely with the Center for Career and Professional Advising to facilitate SWEP job postings; work with the Assistant Dean of International Student Services regarding international student workers; work closely with Payroll to resolve student Payroll issues.
Line of Report: The Human Resources Office Coordinator reports to the Associate Vice President and to the Director of Human Resources. The Human Resources Office Coordinator does not have any staff reporting directly to them.
Required Education and Experience
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of office management experience, preferably in an HR setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with expert knowledge of Excel, is required.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer service, organizational and communication written and verbal skills
- Candidate must have the ability to perform with accuracy and attention to detail, must be able to multi-task and to prioritize work effectively and efficiently, and must adhere to expectations of discretion and confidentiality.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field, with experience in a higher education environment, is strongly preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
To Apply: Interested applicants should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three (3) references, by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Human-Resources-Office-Coordinator_R164. The application deadline is Friday, December 14, 2018. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration.
Haverford College has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the academic program, lived experience, and composition of the College community. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will contribute to the College’s educational mission.
Haverford College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.