Haverford College seeks a full time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, fully benefits-eligible Housekeeping Supervisor, to supervise the daily activities and work responsibilities of the Housekeeping staff. This position works Monday through Friday (for eight hour shifts sometime between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – specific schedule to be determined), and is considered essential personnel.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping staff, in designated buildings as well as covering other buildings in the absence of a supervisor, to include periodic work assignments
- Provide initial training to new employees as to proper techniques necessary for them to complete their job responsibilities successfully
- Perform evaluations for reporting staff as directed by the Office of Human Resources
- Provide, when needed, the appropriate counseling, coaching and disciplinary correction under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager
- Prepare and adjust job tasks and assignments as needed
- Maintain timesheets attendance logs, and requests for paid time off with the approval of Supervisor I
- Keep accurate records of machines and supplies on hand.
- In the absence of Supervisor I, process supply requests from Housekeeping staff and deliver to all locations
- Set up chairs and tables needed for special events held throughout campus
- Drives housekeeping vehicle, and helps student volunteers as the Division collects the recyclables throughout the campus buildings
- Provide support and coverage for all College functions during all hours of operation of the event by using the Event Management System to check event schedule daily
- Working with housekeepers, mop, strip, wax the classrooms; clean, sanitize, and stock bathrooms; and clean and remove trash from offices
- Cover rotating weekend shifts as necessary
- Direct staff during times of snow removal
- Provide leadership in organizing moves within the College.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- At least three years of experience in housekeeping is required, preferably within a College/University environment
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership ability, with ability to work with and motivate individuals as they perform their assigned duties
- Must have ability to clean equipment; and prepare the machines and tools necessary to do the job of maintaining the spaces assigned to the Housekeepers under one’s supervision
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions
- Good manual dexterity and good sight.
- Must have solid reading, hearing, and speaking skills
- Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers’ License and ability to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Record Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 child abuse clearances.
- Covid-19 Vaccination: All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
- This position is considered essential personnel, and the employee will be required to be on campus in order to provide services that relate directly to the health, safety, and welfare of the College, ensure continuity of key operations, and maintain and protect College’s properties.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): three to six hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): three to six hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): three to six hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): three to six hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): three to six hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Six to eight hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Up to three hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Interested applicants are invited to submit an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Housekeeping-Supervisor_R333. The application deadline is Saturday, September 18, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.