Graduate Program Assistant (Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Access)
Haverford College invites applications for a Graduate Program Assistant (GPA) in the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA).
The IDEA Office coordinates and manages strategic work related to diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and antiracism and leads the College in its effort to create and sustain a campus community that advances individual and collective experiences of belonging. The GPA role is a part time (up to 20 hours per week), non-exempt, flexible-schedule position starting in August 2023 and continuing through June 2024. Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Equity and Access (VPIEA) and working as a valued member of the IDEA staff, the GPA will help to plan, coordinate, and implement key programs related to diversity, equity, antiracism, and belonging at the College. They will also provide key administrative and logistical support to the office by aiding outreach and publicity efforts.
- Work closely with team leaders to develop and promote DEIA programs
- Create flyers for events
- Design social media posts
- Assist with the creation and distribution of office newsletters, publications, resources, and other outreach material
- Design, format, and copy edit documents and public-facing materials for dissemination and publishing
- Collaborate with other campus offices to coordinate IDEA programming
- Assist IDEA team with other tasks as needed
- Undergraduate degree
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a related graduate program by the start of the assistantship
- Ability to work with a diverse student and employee population
- Ability to work independently and interdependently and manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude with solutions-oriented approach to work
- Flexibility in style of working with others
- Technologically adept and comfortable with a variety of apps and online platforms
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Google Workspace (Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google docs etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to make attractive promotional and content materials
- Experience with social media content development and strategy
- Ability to work on site, as needed
- All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
To Apply: Interested applicants are invited to complete an application, to include a brief cover letter outlining experiences related to the position, resume/CV, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/IDEA-Graduate-Assistant--Institutional-Diversity--Inclusion--Equity-and-Access_R360. For consideration, please submit all materials by the application deadline of May 1, 2023. Application review will begin after the deadline has passed.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.