Three Full Time Custodians
Haverford College seeks to hire three full time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, benefits eligible Custodians. These positions will service all Athletics, Academic, Administrative, and Residence Hall Buildings, providing general and detailed cleaning. These positions work Monday through Friday (for eight hour shifts sometime between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – specific schedule to be determined), and are considered essential personnel.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Routing cleaning of Residence Halls, Labs, Classrooms, and Offices, including dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, etc.
- Detailed cleaning of laboratories, to include showers, toilets, sinks, mirrors and all other flat surfaces
- Corridor cleaning, including walls, carpets, tiles, lights, ceilings, and all other flat surfaces
- Building entrance cleaning, including outside steps, plaza, walk-off mats, etc.
- Cleaning of stair wells, dusting, sweeping, and mopping
- Operate power equipment, vacuums, scrubbers, burnishes, extractors, shampoo machines, riding equipment in a safe manner
- Periodic project cleaning as prescribed by the supervisor of housekeeping
- Removal of trash and recycling materials from buildings
- Property maintain all equipment in the department to ensure safety and cleanliness
- Report all equipment malfunctions to supervisor
- Removal of snow from all building steps, walkways, and ramps
- Provide event support, set up of chairs, tables, and other materials
- Perform floor and carpet care to include top scrubbing, burnishing, stripping, refinishing, extracting and shampooing
- Will assist with moving furniture and equipment as needed.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Three to five years’ of experience in healthcare or education preferred. High school degree or GED required.
- Ability to work the 5:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. shift, any day of the week depending on campus needs
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: three to six hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): three to six hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): six to eight hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): six to eight hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): six to eight hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Never
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): three to six hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): three to six hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): three to six hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Special Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse Clearances is required.
Covid-19 Vaccination: All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Full-Time-Custodian_R289. The application deadline is Thursday, November 4, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.