Financial Aid Counselor/Loan Officer
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, exempt, benefit eligible Financial Aid Counselor/Loan Officer.
The Financial Aid Officer/Loan Officer serves as the primary contact for financial aid counseling of students and families. This position also manages certification and disbursement of the Federal Direct Student Loan Program, and prepares financial aid files for allocation and administration of aid.
Major Primary Responsibilities: Counsel students and parents on all aspects of financial aid. File management, including organizing, tracking documentation, and maintaining financial aid files for new and returning students. Process all loans in accordance with federal guidelines and timetables.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Processing all loans in accordance with federal guidelines and timetables.
- Track entrance counseling, promissory note completion, and exit interviews for all federal loans.
- Perform FM verification on pre-determined portion of student population.
- Perform all batch transmissions through EdConnect.
- Ensure that all files meet regulatory, policy, and procedural compliance for Federal, State, private, and Haverford aid programs.
- Serve as liaison with banks and lenders in regard to student loan programs.
- Handle all inquiries regarding file preparation and management, and all inquiries regarding student and parent loans.
- Other studies as assigned.
Line of Report: The position reports to the Director of Financial Aid. Some projects will be supervised by the Associate and/or Assistant Director of Financial Aid.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in financial aid, preferably with Institutional Methodology experience.
- Must have experience with college financial aid software systems, preferably PowerFAIDS and PeopleSoft.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, state, and other agencies’ regulations, policies, and required procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft office products and systems.
- Excellent communications and computer skills.
- Good organizational abilities.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Never
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Never
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Never
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Financial-Aid-Counselor-Loan-Officer_R228. The application deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the College’s mission.