Faculty Administrative Assistant (Department of Fine Arts)
Haverford College seeks to hire a part time (30 hours per week for 9 months), non-exempt, benefit eligible Faculty Administrative Assistant to provide full Faculty Administrative Support for the Fine Arts Department.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Act as the sole admin support for the fine arts department which includes supporting the monthly department budget, secure and uphold live model and studio set-ups, and issue payment for figure models, students, faculty, and vendors
Provide general office support such as maintaining a supply inventory for students and faculty members, collecting and distributing department mail, Workday payments/reimbursements and answering department related inquiries and concerns through telephone and email
Assist with the preparation of art exhibitions hosted by the department, including framing work, art handling, and marketing campaign materials such as catalogues, exhibition cards, and media announcements
Create a universal database that provides the department with a comprehensive public outreach list of influential art representatives and educational institutions
Support departmental webpage design and edit requests in collaboration with the Communication Department’s personnel
Transport artwork to other gallery locations for exhibition, and collect artwork from various locations for Haverford's collections
Maintain vendor relations that are essential to the fine arts department
Line of Report: This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the Provost and Supervisor of Faculty Administrative Support Services.
Education, Training, & Experience:
This position requires an associate’s degree and a minimum of three to five years of experience with progressive responsibility in an administrative support capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be self-directed yet collaborative, and able to multitask and prioritize a changing workload. Proficiency and competency in MS Office software products, email, calendaring software and web-editing tools required. Experience with Workday preferred. Experience working in an academic and fine arts department setting is strongly desired.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Fine-Arts-Assistant_R198. The application deadline is Friday, June 21, 2019. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor applicants for work visas.