Haverford College invites applications for our full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, benefits-eligible Catering Supervisor opportunity.
Haverford Offers Great Benefits: The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes work-from-home opportunities, automatic 10% retirement contribution to your retirement account upon eligibility (no match required), a 50% tuition benefit for dependent children upon eligibility, 14 paid holidays (including the week before New Year’s Day off), Health Savings Account contribution of $650 for individuals and $1300 for families (no match required), affordable medical plans, and a beautiful arboretum campus with walking trail and easy public transportation access. Please visit the Benefits page (https://www.haverford.edu/human-resources/benefits) for more information.
The Catering Supervisor will report to the Catering Manager of Haverford College. This position will assist in oversight for all aspects of the catering operation which includes booking and planning of catered events, menu development, catering production planning, event oversight, and financial management. In addition, when catering levels permit, this person will assume responsibility of acting as Supervisor on duty in the Dining Center or Retail locations and of assisting with planning of dining services special events. This year-round position requires working early morning hours, evening hours, and weekends as needed.
- Assist in all aspects of the catering department, for both college related and outside events
- Help to plan, prepare, and execute catering service
- Assist Catering Manager with customers to plan all facets and needs of events
- Ensure that all details are attended to, staffing levels are appropriate, and events are properly managed and executed
- Assist Catering Manager in staff development, management, and disciplinary procedures for all catering employees
- Keep abreast of current catering menus and trends, and implement where appropriate
- Actively direct and supervise Dining Center staff with regard to upholding quality and customer service standards, productivity and efficient work habits, and training and mentoring
- Maintain Supervisor visibility during peak meal periods
- Assist with maintaining defined standards of sanitation, safety, and proper uniform guidelines
- Assist with planning and executing Dining Services special events.
Line of Report: The position reports directly to the Catering Manager; indirectly to the Executive Chef and Operations Manager.
- Associates degree in hotel or restaurant management and 3 years of catering management experience, or any combination of experience, education, or training that provides the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge
- Current SERV Safe certification
- Ability to supervise employees
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Institutional food service experience
- Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers’ License and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check is required.
To Apply: Interested applicants are invited to submit an application, to include a cover letter and resume by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Catering-Supervisor_R512. The application deadline is November 30, 2023. Application review will begin after the deadline has passed. Please email recruiting [at] haverford.edu with questions about submitting your materials. Should the search committee be interested in pursuing your candidacy, you will hear from them directly. Finalists will be asked to provide three professional references.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.