Administrative Assistant, Administrative Auxiliary Services
Haverford College invites applications to our available full time, non-exempt (37.5 hours per week) benefit eligible Administrative Assistant, Administrative Auxiliary Services.
The Administrative Assistant is a professional member of the Administrative Auxiliary Services Office and plays an integral role in maintaining a high-level of customer service and organization. This position provides general administrative support to the following units: Central Services (Mail and Digital Print), Events and Summer Services, and Systems Administration. The position responsibilities include answering phones, responding to emails, greeting visitors, scheduling meetings, maintaining information in several systems, providing general office support, and working with a wide variety of students, faculty, staff and external clients.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Administrative Auxiliary Services Office and staff.
- Serve as first-line liaison, on the phone and via email, to students, staff, faculty, families, and external contacts and provide general office support.
- Communicate information about services, processes, and procedures for the office using established guidelines to students, staff, faculty, families, and external contacts.
- Assist with data entry into several auxiliary systems (Event Management System, Housing Director, Workday, Fleet Management System).
- Inspect and maintain guest housing accommodations, monitor reservations and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Organize, maintain, and submit hours for student employees via Workday (HR and Financials System).
- Assist with scheduling of student staff.
- Provide backup support for Mail and Digital Print Center, including logging packages, processing print jobs, and mail center customer service.
- Customer service is a critical component of this position, including the ability to respond to a wide variety of inquiries and provide professional and timely responses to the campus community and visitors.
- Ability to work nights and weekends at certain peak times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Line of Report: This position reports to Director, Administrative Auxiliary Services
Education, Training, & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1-2 years of experience in an office environment.
Strong computer skills and preferred knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and excellent customer service.
Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers’ license and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check are required
Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse clearances is required
Covid-19 Vaccination: All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hour
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Up to three hours
To Apply: Interested applicants should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references as a single Word document or pdf by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Administrative-Assistant_R353. The application deadline is November 30, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape land.