Senior System Administrator (Windows)
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time (37.5 hours per week), exempt, benefit eligible Senior System Administrator. The Senior System Administrator (Windows) will be the lead person responsible for maintaining, securing, and administering Haverford College’s Windows Server and Active Directory Infrastructure.
This position will also provide supplemental support for Haverford’s VMware and VDI infrastructure and Voice platforms. The Senior System Administrator will ensure that backups, updates, and disaster recovery efforts are completed, tested, and verified. Working alongside the Senior System Administrator (Linux / Unix), Senior Network Engineer, as well other members of the Infrastructure team, this position will cross train to be able to provide backup support to these positions. This position may also oversee student worker(s) throughout the year.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensure the availability, security, scalability, and performance of the Windows platform and services.
- Serve as the primary Domain Administrator for the Microsoft Active Directory forest/domain. Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and related services (Group Policy, DNS, ADFS, etc.)
- Manage Windows Servers, including File and Print services.
- Ensure that updates, backups and disaster recovery efforts are completed, tested, and verified.
- Support Office 365 environment in partnership with Client Services department.
- Support VMWare and VDI environment in partnership with other members of the Infrastructure team.
- Manage and work on IT projects as either lead or individual contributor; effectively collaborate with peers, management, and end users.
- Maintain detailed documentation of areas of responsibility.
- Cross train with other members of the Infrastructure team. General knowledge of VMWare, VDI, SAN / NAS, Linux, and networking best practices.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create positive interactions with end users.
- Ability to identify areas for change that will improve service, strengthen security and avoid risk.
Line of Report: Reports to the Director of Infrastructure Services. No direct reports, may supervise student workers as needed.
Special Requirements: On Call and After Hours support in the event of a network outage or emergency is required.
Education, Training, & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4+ years of experience or 7+ years of equivalent work experience required
MCSA for Windows Server 2012/2016 or similar certification or 7+ years of equivalent work experience required
In depth knowledge of Active Directory and surrounding technologies required.
CompTIA Network+ or similar certification preferred.
Familiarity with SAML, Shibboleth, and OAuth preferred.
Cloud platform experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Up to three hours
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references, by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Senior-System-Administrator--Windows-_R247-1. The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the College’s educational mission.