Part Time Nurse Practitioner
Haverford College seeks to hire a part time (16-20 hours per week), non-exempt, nine (9) month Family Nurse Practitioner to provide primary healthcare and health screening for an adolescent/young adult population.
The Nurse Practitioner, working collaboratively with the family medicine physicians, must be able to provide teaching and counseling to students in relation to general health, travel health, risk reduction, sexual health and self-management of common health problems. The Nurse Practitioner must also be a mentor to the registered nurse, and must be a role model for the health center student interns.
- Provide primary and episodic care services to college students. Must have the ability to teach health and wellness promotion with individuals as well as groups.
- Provide health screenings, perform venipunctures, immunizations, women’s health exams and administer travel health medicines.
- Must be flexible and able to manage time efficiently.
- Must be punctual and professional.
- Must always be aware of patient confidentiality and obtain a written consent.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must abide by HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- Must be a team player and work well with other professionals. May be asked to work with other departments outside of student health.
- Must become proficient with the on-site electronic medical system.
- May be asked to enter data for immunization compliance or update health insurance.
- May be asked to be part of a focus group; such as Prep and PEP, transgender care, disordered eating, travel medicine, etc.
- Must be engaged with attending conferences and regional opportunities for learning and sharing knowledge within a professional network.
- Must be willing to participate in “special projects”, such as Montgomery County Department of Health STI screening, annual blood drive, and annual Health Fair.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the state of Pennsylvania
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Practitioner Program
- Member of a professional Nurse Association
- Must possess up-to-date immunizations and negative Quantiferon gold TB test.
- Maintain Malpractice Insurance per state regulations.
- Possess or ability to obtain Proof of Child Safety Training
- Attendance at annual trainings on universal precautions, blood borne pathogens, and TB prevention
- Current CPR certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse Clearances
- The College will conduct a malpractice background check on the successful candidate, and employment will be offered contingent on the results of the PA Act 153 background check and the malpractice background check.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):Never
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Nurse-Practitioner_R245. The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the College’s educational mission.