Health Services Office Manager
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time (35 hours per week), twelve (12) month, non-exempt, benefit eligible Health Services Office Manager to oversee the office operations of the student health center.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Verify all demographics and health insurance with each appointment.
- Assist students with scheduling of appointments.
- Manage schedules of all Health Services staff.
- Assist and educate students on health insurance and how to access the Haverford College Student Health Plan (SHIP). Assist students in uploading information through HaverHealth portal.
- Will work cohesively with Director regarding contract renewals and payment, monthly statements, individual student health insurance bills, and medical supply payments.
- Will provide director with end of the month reports of expenses and payments.
- Will maintain all required data on all health care professionals; ensuring current licenses, NPI and DEA numbers, CPR training and malpractice paperwork.
- Will maintain a professional atmosphere; aware of patient privacy, will ensure all students have access to a private environment. Is aware of patient confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Will be aware of HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act) and follow accordingly by not sharing medical information without written consent.
- Will assist with incoming students’ immunization documentation and regularly communicate with incoming students for compliance prior to arriving on campus.
- Will mentor Health Service student interns and delegate responsibilities to increase their office management skills and professional competencies.
- Will be professional with all communication, both verbal and written.
- Will be punctual and professional.
- May be asked to provide assistance to other student affairs departments. Especially during non-peak times.
- Will be responsible for updating and monitoring Health Services website.
- Assist with special events; i.e. Montgomery County Department of Health STI screening, annual blood drive, annual Health Fair, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Requirements: Must be able to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse clearances
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in a medical office environment, or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and two years of administrative experience. Must possess comprehensive MS Office Suite proficiency, specifically Excel. Must have excellent time management, multi-tasking and organization skills, as well as the ability to provide independent judgment and access relevant resources with minimal supervision.
- Must have comprehensive medical billing experience to include medical and bill coding. Preferred experience with PyraMed.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
To Apply: Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Health-Services-Office-Manager_R246.The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the College’s educational mission.