We provide advising and support to students and alumni who are interested in exploring careers in the health professions, including medicine, dentistry, public health, and other related fields.
Students can major in any discipline, and may decide to pursue a career in the health professions at any time during their undergraduate career or beyond—it simply requires some careful planning once the decision is made.
Our proximity to Philadelphia, and our close relationship with alumni who have distinguished themselves as leaders in the field, affords our students a variety of opportunities to volunteer and work in research laboratories, and other medical settings.
Connect with the Advisor
Contact Jodi Domsky, Coordinator of Health Professions Advising.
Thursdays: 12—1 p.m.
Join the Mailing List
Students interested in campus activities, programs, volunteer activities, and internships related to careers in the health professions are invited to join the Pre-Health mailing list.
Our multidisciplinary Health Studies Minor is perfect for students planning to go into medicine, nursing, psychotherapy or other clinical fields.
This student group works closely with our office to provide opportunities to explore medicine and health-related issues, and to connect with alumni.
4+1 Bioethics Program
This partnership with the University Of Pennsylvania enables qualified Haverford undergraduates to gain early and expedited admission into a master's degree.
Annual Programs and Workshops
- First Year Student Meeting for Students Interested in the Health Profession
- How to Find Local Area Health/Medical Experiences Panel Discussion
- Sophomore "Check Up" Meeting for Pre-Health Students
- Pre-Health Advising Meeting for Students Underrepresented in Medicine
- Schools of Public Health/Schools of Medicine Information Night
- MCAT Workshop
- Medical School Application Meeting
- Fall/Spring Pre-Registration Workshop for Pre-Health Students
- Medical School/Dental School Field Trip
- Medical Students Alumni Panel