Haverford's Office of the President and Office of the Dean have been releasing regular messages to current students, and the Campus community, with operational updates during this unprecedented time.
Haverford Family & Friends
The College recognizes the central role family members and friends play in their student’s success. We are committed to connecting you with the tools you will need to support your student during their time at Haverford.
A collection of resources that are particularly useful for family members and friends of incoming and current students.
- Dean's Office
- Residential Life
- Student Activities & Leadership
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)
- Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA)
- Dining Services
- College Bookstore
- First Year Student Page
- International Students
- Alcohol Policy
- Customs (Orientation)
- Campus Safety
- Students' Council
- Marilou Allen Office of Service
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Center for Gender Resources and Sexual Education (GRASE)
Life at Haverford
Haverford offers a wide variety of newsletters and social media accounts to keep you up to date with what's happening on campus and throughout our broader community. Each can be individually subscribed to or followed, according to your interests and preferences.
Published tri-annually, Haverford is a magazine for alumni, parents, and friends of Haverford College.
Connections features news, updates, and general information about the Library, and is posted biannually.
Haverford Headlines & On-Campus Events
Haverford Headlines features student, faculty, and alumni news and is sent periodically throughout the year. On-Campus Events showcases events that are open to the public and is sent occasionally during the academic year.
Information, events, and activities from the College Arboretum, sent occasionally.
Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery
Information about upcoming exhibitions showing in the Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery.
Global Citizen Weekly
News, updates, and general information about the Center for Peace and Global Citizenship sent weekly.
Updates and program announcements from the John B. Hurford '60 Center for the Arts and Humanities.
Music Department Newsletter
Announcements of upcoming College Musical performances and events sent monthly.
Yiddish Culture Festival
Announcements of upcoming Yiddish Culture Festival performances and events sent approximately monthly.
Family members and friends can get involved in the life of Haverford through a variety of volunteer opportunities. Whether you’re interested in assisting current students with developing their career skills, willing to host an event in your home or workplace, or looking to share your enthusiasm with your fellow family members and friends, the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations can help connect you with a volunteer role that is meaningful to you and beneficial to the life of the College.
Fill out our volunteer interest form to learn more!Volunteer
Parent Annual Giving supports the complete Haverford experience, by enriching academics, creating opportunities for student-faculty research, providing for increased student co-curricular activities on campus, and sustaining student financial aid.
All annual gifts are used in the current year and benefit your own child as well as their classmates. Making an annual gift a wonderful way to show support for your child's education. We welcome gifts of all sizes. Parents, family members, and friends are encouraged to support Annual Giving. Last year, approximately 1,000 parents and grandparents made annual gifts totaling over $600,000 that directly benefited the student experience at Haverford.
To find out more about Annual Giving or to make your gift, please contact Peggy Kacergis.
Parent Leadership Council
The PLC is a leadership level volunteer committee of family members and friends of both current students and alumni who work closely with the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations and the Office of Annual Giving.
Members are strategic partners with the College in outreach, engagement, solicitation and stewardship efforts to the parent community and act as a liaison between the two. Membership is by invitation, and members are encouraged to serve a term of at least two years. Upon their student's graduation from the College, members may be invited to remain on the Committee or choose to retire from their duties. Parent Leadership Council members are engaged participants in the parent community, attend two meetings per year, volunteer in parent outreach activities, and make a leadership gift to the Parent Fund each year.
- The Admission committee reaches out to families of admitted students to welcome them to the Haverford community and answer any questions the families may have about the College.
- The Communication Committee works with Parent Programs to continually address the communication needs of the parent community. Committee recommendations have resulted in the creation of Transitions, a series of articles focusing on the issues surrounding the transition to college by Haverford students and their families.
- The Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA) committee partners with CCPA to explore ways in which parents can support and expand opportunities for students.
- The Legacy Parents Committee addresses the unique needs and desires of alumni whose children are also Haverford students or alumni.
- The Parent Appeals Committee advises the College on how to engage and educate the parent community on the vital role of parent support.
- The Parent Fund Committee plays a vital role at the College by reaching out to the parent community to strengthen the connections between Haverford and the parent community and inviting them to support the College. It's a wonderful way for volunteers to share their commitment and enthusiasm for the College while getting to know other Haverford families.
Contact Peggy Kacergis to learn more about the Parent Leadership Council.
Get in Touch
We're here to help you and your Ford succeed!