The Facilities Management Department is responsible for creating, maintaining, and operating a physical environment that enhances the learning, teaching, and residential activities of Haverford College.
In an emergency situation that threatens the safety and well-being of someone in this community, please call the Service Coordinator at (610) 896-1096. After normal business hours, call Campus Safety at (610) 896-1111 or use a campus blue emergency phone.
COVID-19 & Campus Cleaning Protocols
Students will be responsible for cleaning their individual rooms and apartments. Facilities will be instituting enhanced and frequent cleaning of hallways, common spaces, and community bathrooms per CDC and Pennsylvania guidelines. Hand sanitizer will be readily available at entrances to buildings, while sanitizing wipes will be available in restrooms, common/break rooms and public computing areas.
- All residential spaces, academic, dining, and administrative buildings will be cleaned thoroughly before students arrive on campus.
- Students should be aware that cleaning schedules will start earlier than usual - likely around 5:30-6 a.m. and happen twice a day. Cleaning will end by 2 p.m. each day.
- Facilities will post schedules indicating the time each campus location has been cleaned.
- Facilities is prioritizing:
- High touch areas; handles, door frames, buttons, crash bars on doors, etc. twice a day
- Administrative and residential bathrooms twice a day
- Providing cleaning wipes for personal use in common areas - they must be disposed of in garbage receptacles!
- HCA residents receiving bathroom cleaning supplies
- Classrooms will be cleaned twice a day
- Common spaces and high touch points will be cleaned daily. Bathrooms will be cleaned twice a day.