Chief Diversity Officer
This work includes, but it is not limited to:
- Working with students, faculty and staff to make Haverford College a more welcoming place, where all know that they belong, and that their voices are heard.
- Providing multiple spaces for sharing ideas about how to make the community more welcoming and inclusive.
- Working with Senior Staff to provide the financial resources to support programs and initiatives focused on diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
- Providing funding for student-initiated programs on diversity, inclusion, equity, and antiracism.
The Interim Chief Diversity Officer's Student Initiative Fund
This fund was created to support student initiatives which center the experiences of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) and/or FLI (first-generation and/or low-income) students.
In an effort to ensure that the CDO is accountable to our community, we have instituted the following accountability measures:
- The IDEA’s Council, which consists of six members representing students, staff, & faculty who will assist in identifying, prioritizing, and supporting antiracism initiatives that foster Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEAs). They will also act as liaisons between their respective Haverford communities and the interim CDO.
- The minutes from the meetings of the IDEA’s Council will be available to all members of the Haverford community.
- An anonymous feedback form for students and staff/faculty.
- A monthly CDO update informing the community of our work.