Co-Chief Diversity Officers
Haverford’s Interim Co-Chief Diversity Officers (Co-CDOs) are stewarding the work, focusing on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Antiracism until the new Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) is hired later this year (late summer/early fall of 2021). This work includes, but it is not limited to:
- Working with students, faculty and staff to make Haverford College a more welcoming place, where all know that they belong, and that their voices are heard.
- Providing multiple spaces for sharing ideas about how to make the community more welcoming and inclusive.
- Working with Senior Staff to provide the financial resources to support programs and initiatives focused on diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
- Providing funding for student-initiated programs on diversity, inclusion, equity, and antiracism.
The CDO fund was created as a direct result of the Fall 2020 Strike for Racial Justice led by BIPOC students. The fund is designed to support BIPOC/FLI student initiatives. Funds may be used up to one year from the date of award.
In an effort to ensure that the Co-CDOs are accountable to our community, we have instituted the following accountability measures:
- The IDEA’s Council, which consists of six members representing students, staff, & faculty who will assist in identifying, prioritizing, and supporting antiracism initiatives that foster Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEAs). They will also act as liaisons between their respective Haverford communities and the interim Co-CDO’s.
- The minutes from the meetings of the IDEA’s Council will be available to all members of the Haverford community.
- The Co-CDOs are holding CDO Office Hours for students and staff/faculty twice a month beginning in April, 2021.
- An anonymous feedback form for students and staff/faculty.
- A monthly CDO update informing the community of our work.