From Our Office: What Happens in the OMA?
- Support the College's efforts to realize its commitments to diversity
- Work with the Admissions Office to recruit and retain students of diverse cultural, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Develop learning opportunities designed to increase the community's understanding of issues related to leadership, multiculturalism, and social justice
- Advocate for and support the interests and needs of student affinity groups, not limited to but including students of color and LGBT students
- In collaboration with deans and directors from Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore Colleges, we develop both the Summer and Winter TRI-College Leadership Institutes
- Provide leadership development opportunities to cultivate culturally competent leaders that will provide moral and ethical leadership both nationally and globally
- Oversee and support the Multicultural Center (MCC) and its programs
- Seek opportunities to partner with faculty, administrators and staff in designing and implementing multicultural initiatives and programs
The Office of Multicultural Affairs offers monetary support for multicultural student organizations and individuals, including, students, faculty, and administrators who wish to co-sponsor and/or organize programs and events reflective of the office's mission to social justice and diversity. Check out the grant information and application page for more information.