Off Campus Resources
At Haverford CAPS, while we are committed to providing students’ helpful and personally meaningful therapeutic services, we understand that there are times where students may feel best served by seeking off campus resources instead of utilizing our on-campus services.
This may be to receive specialized or intensive treatments that we are unable to offer or to meet with specific individuals or groups. In these cases, we do our best to help connect students to these resources and work with them to help access ways that these services can be paid for.
Often, this involves using existing resources, such as student health insurance to connect students with suitable in-network options. As navigating this process can be challenging, we do our best to help provide students with the knowledge and information required to do so and to make the best decisions. In some cases, we may also be able to help supplement access to off campus resources, through funds that have been donated to CAPS for this purpose. Please note, that these funds are limited and dependent upon outside resources and so are meant to be used when other options are not available.
If you are interested in outside resources, please fill out the Mental Health Resources form. Please note, while this is a confidential form you will also be contacted by a representative from CAPS.
- Jump to:
- Crisis & Suicide Prevention
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- LGBTQ/Trans Care
- Mental Well Being
- Off Campus Therapy
Crisis and Suicide Prevention
- Delaware County Crisis Connections Team 24/7 Mobile Dispatch Team, 855-889-7827
- DCCT Warm Line or 855-464-9342 - 24/7 Telehealth Helpline, speak to a certified peer specialist or mental health professional
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or 800-273-8255, 24/7 Suicide Prevention Lifeline, a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Crozer Crisis Center or 610-447-7600, 24/7 Crisis Hotline, provides intervention to children, adolescents and adults who are experiencing behavioral disturbances such as suicidal ideations, homicidal ideations, psychosis, depression and anxiety.
- PA Suicide and Crisis Hotline - 800-784-2433 or 800-799-4TTY (4889)
- The STEVEN Fund, Text STEVE to 741741. If you are a young person of color who is feeling stressed, depressed, or anxious, please know you can text STEVE to 741741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor 24/7.
- Suicide prevention lifeline
Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Health Services: Alcohol and Drug Resources - For questions or concerns about your own use of alcohol or other substances, concerns about others around you, or if you just want to discuss strategies for using responsibly please contact Joye Shrager, Substance Abuse Educator at jshrager [at] haverford.edu.
- Addiction Resource
- Drug Rehab Locator
- Sobriety Online - info about Al-Anon, AA, and NA, including location of meetings
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator
Eating Disorders: Treatment, Information, Support, & General Resources
- Overeater's Anonymous
- Renfrew Center Radnor - treatment for eating issues
- Eating disorder support groups
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
Students seeking off-campus or summer therapists can view a list of queer therapists in Philly listing their other identities/specialties at Restorative Connection: Queer &/or Trans Therapists in Philadelphia.
- Philly Gay Calendar - all kinds of info including organizations and support groups for many sexual interests and dispositions
- The Attic Online for LGBTQ support services
- LGBTQ Children and Youth Services
- LGBTQ Meetup resources
- Mazzoni Center
- CHOP Gender and Sexuality Program
- Einstein Pride Program
- William Way Community Center - trans community building and programming in the city
- galaei - referrals and support groups, BIPOC focus
- Hotlines: Trans Lifeline or (877) 565-8860, Trevor Project or (866) 488-7386
- Sarare Today - LGBTQ IOP
Mental Well Being
- Therapy Center of Philadelphia
- The Icarus Project
- Active minds
- Dynamy - a gap year leadership and wilderness program
- Haverford College: Sexual Misconduct
- Victims' Service Center - help for victims of assault of any kind - 610-277-5200
- Women Organized Against Rape (WOAR) - 245-985-3333
Off Campus Therapy Resources
- Psychology Today: Therapists in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association: Find A Therapist
- Philadelphia Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology: Directory
- Restorative Connection: Queer &/or Trans Therapists in Philadelphia
- Poison Control - 800-222-1222
- Homeless & Low-Income Student Resource Guide