Facts about CAPS
- Over the past 5 years (2015-2020) on average 31% of the student enrollment have had at least one consultation with a counselor.
- On average 50% of graduating seniors had at least one appointment with a CAPS counselor.
- Students can be seen for one session or many
- At CAPS we tailor our services to the needs of the individual student and try to allow the needs of the student to determine the number of visits.
- Last year (2019-2020) the average number of sessions was 12.9 per student.
- If the student prefers an off-campus referral or when there is an issue we do not feel we can be helpful in addressing we will assist the student in accessing outside resources. More information can be found about the new health advocate position here (link to come).
- Often in the middle of the semesters there is a strong surge of interest in seeing a CAPS counselor. When this happens, it may take longer than average to arrange an appointment. However, almost all students are offered an appointment within 10 days of contacting CAPS.
- Drop in sessions are from 11 a.m.—12 p.m. and 2 p.m.—3 p.m. Monday—Friday.
At CAPS we believe that the relationship between student and therapist is the most important thing. If you feel that you would benefit from seeing someone else, please do not hesitate to let us know that. You can communicate that directly to your counselor, email Patty Rawlings, contact us at hc-caps [at] haverford.edu or fill out the Request to Change Therapists form.