Horizons provides you the opportunity to gain a head start on your transition to college life, and connect with FLI classmates and FLI Student Leaders before Customs begins.
The program begins by honoring the many strengths you bring with you to Haverford, addresses concerns common among first-generation college students, introduces you to Haverford resources and opportunities, and helps you to build relationships with faculty and staff. Through workshops and activities, you will learn more about how to pursue and enhance your academic, leadership, and professional goals at Haverford. Even after the program ends, the experience and friends gained during Horizons will stay with you through your college journey.
- Day 1 (August 20): Arrival and Move in (Details Forthcoming)
- Day 2 (August 21): Who we are and how we got here
- Day 3 (August 22): Where We’re Going – Academic Transition to Haverford
- Day 4 (August 23): Where We’re Going – Transition to College Outside of Academics
- Day 5 (August 24): Wrap Up – Closing Events
- Customs begins August 25 and classes begin September 30