Sophomore Resume Initiative
The CCPA wants 100% of the Class of 2023 to have a reviewed resume by the end of their Sophomore year, and we are launching the Sophomore Resume Initiative to get it done!
Why is this important?
We want to ensure all Haverford Sophomores have:
- a resume ready for quick deadlines or turnaround.
- a handy document to show alumni or other contacts for networking purposes.
- feedback to help show students how to translate skills developed from on-campus experiences (clubs, organizations, on-campus jobs) to the outside world.
- professional eyes to help identify “career readiness” skills our student have already developed, and target skills to consider building through Externships, Internships, and other professional development experiences.
- a document where formatting/layout is already reviewed, making updates easier for junior & senior year.
Even if you had your resume reviewed during your first year at Haverford, we’d still like to take a quick look, especially now that your intended major may be clearer. It's also worthwhile to include your Summer 2020 experience.
It’s EASY to participate!
- Review and utilize our resume tips and examples.
- Upload your resume to the Sophomore Resume Initiative form.
- Prefer to have your resume reviewed in-person? Bring your resume to Drop-in hours!
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis, prioritizing students with immediate deadlines. If you did not identify an upcoming deadline, you will have a response and detailed review in 3-4 weeks. Students will be sent an email with comments directly from your reviewer.
How it Works
The Sophomore Resume Initiative is a campus-wide effort, and we’ve partnered with over 30 members across campus who will be trained to assist. We’ll also be keeping a keen eye on using our partners in strategic ways. For example, if you are considering a major in Computer Science, we might have someone from IITS review your resume. Interested in Writing or Graphic Design? We’ll select a partner from our Communications department. Or maybe one of our trained Career Advisors will review your document. Either way, we are determined to provide quality, constructive feedback to help in your career exploration efforts!
Questions? Contact hc-ccpa [at] haverford.edu.