Sophomore Resume Initiative
The CCPA wants 100% of the Class of 2022 to have a reviewed resume by the end of their Sophomore year, and we are launching the Sophomore Resume Initiative to get it done!
Why is this important?
We want to ensure all Haverford Sophomores have:
- a resume ready for quick deadlines or turnaround.
- a handy document to show alumni or other contacts for networking purposes.
- feedback to help show students how to translate skills developed from on-campus experiences (clubs, organizations, on-campus jobs) to the outside world.
- professional eyes to help identify “career readiness” skills our student have already developed, and target skills to consider building through Externships, Internships, and other professional development experiences.
- a document where formatting/layout is already reviewed, making updates easier for junior & senior year.
Even if you had your resume reviewed during your first year at Haverford, we’d still like to take a quick look, especially now that your intended major may be clearer. It's also worthwhile to include your Summer 2019 experience.
It’s EASY to participate!
- Review and utilize our resume tips and examples.
- Upload your resume to the Sophomore Resume Initiative form.
- Prefer to have your resume reviewed in-person? Bring your resume to Walk-in hours!
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning July 1, prioritizing students who identify upcoming deadlines. All resumes submitted by November 10 are guaranteed to be returned by the end of the fall semester (and ready to use over Winter break!)
How it Works
The Sophomore Resume Initiative is a campus-wide effort, and we’ve partnered with over 30 members across campus who will be trained to assist. We’ll also be keeping a keen eye on using our partners in strategic ways. For example, if you are considering a major in Computer Science, we might have someone from IITS review your resume. Interested in Writing or Graphic Design? We’ll select a partner from our Communications department. Or maybe one of our trained Career Advisors will review your document. Either way, we are determined to provide quality, constructive feedback to help in your career exploration efforts!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.