The Extern Program enables students to explore different career options by allowing a firsthand glimpse into a field of interest.
By shadowing professionals in their workplace, students can begin to explore their interests and learn about various opportunities. From two days to two weeks during Winter or Spring Break, externs observe and talk with alumni sponsors and their colleagues.
The Spring Break Extern Program is open!
The application process includes several steps - please read all the instructions carefully in Haverford Connect.
Spring Break Program: March 6—10 2023
Deadline to Apply: January 29, 2023, 11:59pm
Steps to Apply for the Extern Program:
- Select "Join" Extern Program in Haverford Connect and complete the registration questions.
- Select "Externship Sponsors" and "Favorite" up to five sponsors. Please consider your travel/living expenses and logistics before selecting your favorites.
- Upload your resume to the "My Documents" section of your Haverford Connect profile.
- Add one of the mandatory Externship Orientations to your calendar.
- The Deadline to apply is January 29, 2023, 11:59pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Have your resume prepared and ready to upload during registration. You can look for resume tips here.
- Join Haverford Connect if you have not already done so.
- Once logged in, select "Externship Program" at the top right.
- Once you have joined the Extern Program and have been assigned an Externship Sponsor, participation is mandatory.