Sophomore Success Series
Making Career Connections
This program is a four-session seminar that will help sophomores build on their interests and talents to explore, develop, and focus career directions as they prepare to choose a major and apply for summer opportunities. This series provides a structured framework to explore your career interests and to put a plan of action into place to successfully investigate and secure professional experiences advancing you along your career path.
Goals for participants
- Hone in on your interests, skills & values. How may they be incorporated into career direction?
- Use extensive resources to research fields and identify internships/externships
- Develop a focused powerful resume
- Develop compelling cover letters and statements of interest
- Enhance and practice effective interviewing
- Become facile with social media advancing your professional interests
- Communicate effectively for networking and searches
- Meet and network with Haverford alumni
Wednesdays: 6:00–7:15 p.m.
- Sept. 11
- Sept. 18
- Sept. 25
- Oct. 2