|Reporting Period||Student Tests Completed||Student Positive Tests||Employee Tests Completed||Employee Positive Tests|
Point-of-Care (Students only)
|Reporting Period||Symptomatic/suspected Tests Completed||Symptomatic/suspected Positive Tests||Targeted Screening Tests Completed||Targeted Screening Positive Tests|
Active Cases / Student
Active Cases / Employee
Most Recent Screening Test Positivity Rate / Student
Most Recent Screening Test Positivity Rate / Employee
About the data
Student data are separated between (1) surveillance tests of 100% of the student body studying or living on campus Fall 2020, tested at specific time intervals and (2) point-of-care tests administered on demand when (a) students are symptomatic or suspected of having been exposed, or (b) the College is conducting targeted screening of particular cohorts.
Employee data include screening tests for all faculty and staff regularly working on the Haverford campus Fall 2020. Point-of-care testing for employees is conducted by their primary care or an alternate provider, and those results are reflected only in “Active Cases / Employees” if an employee tests positive for COVID-19, in which case they must immediately report that result to the College. Any negative point-of-care tests are NOT communicated by employees to the College and are therefore not included among the data.
Symptomatic/suspected data represents students who reported COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure to COVID-19. Targeted Screening represents students who undergo additional screening tests due to belonging to a population that could be at a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Positivity rates (total tests results divided by positive test results) are calculated based on the most recent surveillance test of the full population of on-campus students or employees, respectively. Positive COVID cases that emerge after that surveillance interval will not be reflected in positivity rate until the next round of surveillance testing.
Testing at Haverford
Haverford will be surveillance testing all students, faculty, and staff at regular intervals throughout the semester using PCR COVID-19 tests. The first campus-wide round of screening tests will be completed prior to the first day of classes on September 8, 2020. New data will be added twice per week, generally each Tuesday and Friday.
- The College reviews current conditions with its healthcare advisors to determine surveillance testing intervals.
- Surveillance testing will take place every 2 weeks for students and 2-4 weeks for employees.
- Students in particular cohorts (e.g. student-athletes or students who recently traveled) may receive additional screening tests in intervening periods.
- The College conducts ongoing point-of-care testing for students who are symptomatic or under suspicion. Employees may receive point-of-care testing from their primary care provider.
- Varying test volumes in each reporting period reflect (1) changes in day-to-day demand for student point-of-care testing, and (2) whether the College is conducting general surveillance during that period.
What Haverford Does with Positive Results
- Students who test positive will move to isolation spaces and may leave campus if picked up by a family member.
- The College will monitor their health throughout the process and determine when they may be cleared to return.
- Employees who test positive must self-isolate off campus.
- Before returning to campus, the employee must be cleared by a physician.
- All positive student and employee test results are reported to the Montgomery County Office of Public Health.
- The College will perform on-campus contact tracing, through which any person identified as coming into close contact with the COVID-positive individual will be notified and provided instructions.
- As appropriate to each case, the College may notify nearby community members who are not close contacts that there has been a COVID case in their proximity and to answer questions, without disclosing the identity of the affected individual unless they have the individual’s permission.
Responding to Data
The COVID-19 Dashboard reflects the sum of positive test results for the on-campus community. We will not be sending general notifications about individual cases of COVID-19.
- The College is tracking test results, positivity rates, and reviewing data trends on a daily basis.
- We will use this data to determine whether additional risk-mitigating measures are necessary.
- If additional risk-mitigating measures are deemed necessary, we will alert the community.
Risk-mitigating measures are outlined in the Bi-Co Mitigation plan. They includes contingencies for shifting to remote-only instruction or, in the extreme, the closing of campus.