Free & Discounted Trees for Faculty & Staff
Join our Tree Revitalization project with this opportunity to plant your choice of native trees.
Haverford College Arboretum is excited to offer native trees to faculty living on campus free of charge. Join our Tree Revitalization project with this opportunity to plant your choice of native trees. Due to utility concerns, we will coordinate with you for planting locations, and teach you how to plant and care for your new trees.
The Arboretum's mission is to plant and care for our tree canopy, but healthy air, shade to cool off under, and biodiversity are everyone's concern. For questions, please contact Dan Larkins. Order form to follow. Faculty living off-campus and staff can receive trees at wholesale discount.
Download the order form here and return to Dan Larkins.
- Carya ovata - Shagbark Hickory
- Fagus grandifolia - American Beech
- Liriodendron tulipifera - Tulip Poplar
- Nyssa sylvatica - Black Gum
- Pinus strobus - White Pine
- Pinus taeda - Loblolly Pine
- Quercus coccinea - Scarlet Oak
- Taxodium distichum - Bald Cypress
Small, Flowering Trees
- Amelanchier - Serviceberry
- Cercis canadensis - Redbud
- Chionanthus virginicus - White Fringetree
- Cladrastis kentukea - American Yellowwood
- Magnolia grandiflora - Southern Magnolia
- Magnolia virginiana - Sweetbay Magnolia
- Oxydendrum arboreum - Sourwood
- Asimina triloba - Pawpaw
- Diospyros virginiana - Persimmon
- Ilex opaca - American Holly
- Juniperus virginiana - Eastern Red Cedar
- Rhus typhina - Staghorn Sumac
- Thuja occidentalis - Arborvitae