Reunion Gift Chairs serve as a primary liaison between the College and everyone who identifies with their reunion class. The Chair is responsible for encouraging classmates to celebrate the Reunion by making a gift (personal-best gifts for consistent donors) in honor of the reunion, and is supported by members of the Reunion Committee, Reunion Giving Advocates, and Haverford College staff.
Specific responsibilities include*:
- Maintain 15-20 alumni assignments for solicitation and stewardship with an emphasis on leadership-level gifts
- Solicit and thank assigned donors for annual and special project gifts
- Contribute toward broader efforts to set and achieve ambitious annual giving dollar and participation goals for the reunion
- In partnership with College staff, identify and recruit 3-5 Reunion Giving Advocates who will be assigned 5-20 alumni assignments each
- Advise and update the Reunion Committee on class giving goals, strategies, and progress throughout the year, and encourage peer-to-peer outreach from committee members and Reunion Giving Advocates
Term Limits: Each Reunion Giving Chair will serve for the duration of the fiscal year of the reunion through June 30. Thereafter, serving as a Giving Advocate is encouraged.
Reunion Committee: The Reunion Gift Chair is often considered a member of the Reunion Committee with the specific responsibilities outlined above. Participation on Reunion Committee conference calls and communications is dependent on personal preference.
*Role may vary slightly according to Reunion year and Committee preference.