For students who have food allergies and other food-related needs, ADS works collaboratively with the student, dietician and the dining services management and staff to create a plan that best meets their dietary needs within the institutional setting.
If you require dining accommodations, please fill out the Voluntary Disability Disclosure and Accommodations Form and send in medical documentation. Please review the "Documentation Guidelines" for required information. Students with food allergies or other food-related concerns should also go online to the health services portal and fill out the special dietary needs questionnaire.
- Nutritional Information
- Available online for all entrees, which may be helpful to students with allergies or other food concerns when planning meals.
Bryn Mawr College: Nutritional Needs and Information
Swarthmore College: Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Food Allergy Resources Brochure
- Provides information on food options, recipe standards, and resources available on Haverford's and Bryn Mawr's campuses.
- Allergen Labeling
- Serving lines and individual dishes at all Tri-Co dining centers are labeled for the standard top eight allergens: Milk, Egg, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish, Soy, and Wheat. Staff can help if you have further questions about ingredients.
- Free Zones
- Students with severe documented food allergies may be given access to "Free Zones," primarily designed for students needing an entirely Gluten Free (GF) diet.
As of Fall 2014, a room in the Haverford Dining Center contains designated GF equipment (toaster, Foreman grill, cutting board, and knives), a fridge stocked with GF products, and some naturally GF foods. Eligible students receive an orientation on using the space, and are provided keycard-access. Students can take what they need from the room, and eat with others in the main dining hall.
- Non-Allergy Food Planning
- Need help planning nutritionally balanced meals in the DC? Contact Natalie Zaparzynski, Bi-Co Dietitian: email@example.com.
Need help navigating the dining hall, or finding foods you like? Contact Joseph A. Binotto, General Manager, Dining Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Coop and College Bookstore
- Both The Coop and College Bookstore have gluten-free snacks available.
- Suggestion Box
- Have particular food items you'd like to see in the Dining Center or Coop? Other suggestions? Share your feedback!
Nutritional Needs and Information
Visit the Dining Services website for a summary of nutrition options and practices, applicable to Haverford and Bryn Mawr campuses.
Natalie Zaparzynski, MA, RD, LDN
General Manager of Dining Services
Executive Director of Dining Services
Catherine Sharbaugh, RN, MN, CRNP
Director of Student Health Services